Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Admiral

[SIZE="3"]
Thank you for the update Luanne, I knew he would pull through!

donna
Old June 28th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Admiral

I told him he was too stubborn to die on us!
Old June 28th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Just talked to Todd and Jim( my hubby) Todd sounds great. He is in a private room, and is starting to get feeling in his legs.

Jim not so good. He has been in a wreck. Work is trying to get him to go to the hospital, but he says he is fine.

I will try to keep everyone informed about Todd, but it might be a bit busy around here, so if you don't hear from me, you will not get worried about Todd.

Todd, If you read this days from now, please know I didn't know until after you and I got off the phone. (I wouldn't have told you anyway)
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 28th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Admiral

(((((Luanne)))))

I hope Jim is all right.
Old June 28th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Admiral

Thanks for posting the great news Luanne.
Now get working on Jim !!

Alan & Katrina

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old June 28th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Admiral

I'm a bit late here........Todd.....glad all went well......I'm sure we'll be seeing your posts before long........

Luanne.........hugs out to you.......let us know how Jim is.......

Sharon
Old June 28th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Luanne, hope Jim gets checked out....xo

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 28th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Admiral

Wonderful news about Todd. My dream is still to cruise with you one day.
Luanne, keep that boy healthy1
Old June 29th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Admiral

I'm so pleased to here that Todd's surgery went well.

Luanne I hope that Jim will see a doctor and start feeling better soon.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 29th, 2013, 03:01 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I wish that I had seen this yesterday (Thursday), but am glad to hear that Todd made it out of surgery and appears to be doing well.

Luanne - put your foot down and get your hubby to the hospital...blackmail him if you have to!!!!! Tell him you need him and that should be the most important thing to him.
Old June 29th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Admiral

THANK GOD for the great news about Todd. I too, knew he would make it through the surgery O.K. Now we need to get Jim to take care of himself. He too, is an important part of our little C.M. community.

"SKY"
Old June 29th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Just spoke to Todd. He is planning his escape, from what he makes it sound like, jail.

He talked about all the walking he has done, and all the tubes and things he is ready to get rid of.

He wants to go home, and has poo pooed rehab.

Will let you know when I hear more.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 29th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Luanne, Thank you for the updates on Todd. I pray you were able to get Jim to see a Dr. I continue to send prayers and good thoughts for Tod and Jim too.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old June 29th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Great news, although I hope Todd re-considers the re-hab, may be the best thing for him to get home whole and healthy. Thanks for the update...keep them coming.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 29th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Admiral

Gosh, as life would have it if it's not one thing it's another. Glad to hear about Todd. Rehab is a must. Now Luanne please see to it that Jim gets checked out at the hospital. My prayers are for both men.
Old June 30th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall

I thank God that Todd survived the surgery and seems to be doing better. I really wish he would reconsider in patient rehab. It would be so beneficial or him.....but I know he would feel like he is in a prison. Whatever he decides, I pray that he continues to heal and feel better.

Luanne - I am glad Jim is okay.....and yes, dealing with law enforcement and insurance companies is really a PITA.
Old June 30th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Todd,
Sorry to hear that you had to go under the knife but I'm glad you are out of surgery and on the mend. I hope that your recovery is quick and you are feeling better real soon.

Take care,
Mike

Upcoming Cruise(s) Carnival Liberty: May 31, 2014. The Anniversary Getaway.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 30th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Admiral

Hi Gang!

I got home about a little while ago and immediately took a shower. I just brought up the site and learned about Jim. I'm almost beside myself. He's like a brother too me. I hope he finally listened to reason (that being Luanne) and got whatever medical attention he needed. I'll be panicky until I hear.

I'm doing quite well. I was in Ft. Sanders in Knoxville which also is home to the Patricia Neal Rehab Ctr. That place has beyond doubt the highest RN, LPN and CNA staff to patient ratio I've ever seen anywhere! They had 6 RN's, four LPN's and two CNA's for thirty-nine patients. Mind boggling! Actually, the Spine unit on which I was placed is also I think a part of Patricia Neal. A crew came over to evaluate me both yesterday and today and I proved to them that I really didn't need rehab.

I've learned, since the scheduling of my surgery, that I have developed a lot of pain in yet another heavily degraded section of my back in the thoracic region. So I told them I want to schedule another surgery just as soon as this one heals. I think they've learned something that I'm starting to believe myself and that is no matter what they do, I ain't gonna' die...at least not yet. Some of the medical folks can't believe I'm still alive after what I've gone through over the past couple of years. At the rate I'm running up medical costs I wouldn't be surprised if I reach "6 million dollar man" status ().

In closing, I'm going to be worried sick until I hear from Luanne. Now you understand why I consider myself one of the most Blessed people on this planet and for that you, my adored Cruisemates, are in great part responsible. Don't know what I've ever done to earn such devotion but I admit, I'm nothing less than pleasantly bowled over.

God Bless you all!!!!!

TDH
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old June 30th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Oh Todd,
It is so good to hear from you and know you are healing and at home....I hope the pain isn't too bad, you failed to mention or complain about that and I bet you are feeling it, so take it easy and get better...

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 30th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Admiral

Donna,
I'm certainly not a "tough guy" but instead have been Blessed with a high tolerance for pain. I refuse to take the level of pain meds that were prescribed. What pain I am experiencing I'll handle without too much effort. At any rate, it's nothing even approaching the pain level I was experiencing before the surgery so, as Susan's husband Shawn says, "It's all good!"
Thanks for your concern and support. Love ya' girl!
TDH
Old June 30th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Admiral

Good news from a good guy.

Whatever you're doin' is working, so keep doin' it!! Sounds like you're getting great care.
Old July 1st, 2013, 02:02 AM
Admiral

Todd - you are one amazing human being!!! I am just so glad you were able to prove that you did not need inpatient rehab and that you are in less pain than you were before the surgery. I hope and pray that you continue to have relief from all the problems that have beset you.
Old July 1st, 2013, 07:10 AM
Admiral

I began breathing again as soon as I learned Jim is okay. God is most certainly in his "Heaven" and all is most definitely "right with the world," mine at least. Not to say there isn't a very (for me) traumatic event on the immediate horizon.

My adored "daughter," Susan, (the woman who literally save my life but also has in huge majority, insured my continued presence on the planet Earth) is having surgery tomorrow morning for an enormous kidney stone. I have been forbidden from even going to the hospital so of course I'll again be a nervous wreck for the next day and a half even though I know in my heart that everything will be fine.

This is an example of why I feel as I do about Susan, then Shawn, Lauren and Tyler. I hadn't taken two steps from the carport into the kitchen yesterday afternoon when I instantly stopped. Gregg (the husband of Kitty who took me to Knoxville Friday morning (AR will appreciate this, Gregg is a former President of the Associated Press and who had come and chauffeured me home), both of whom are as close to me as would be any brother and sister, was right behind me. He immediately asked what happened. I admittedly choked up and entered the kitchen. She and Tyler had dropped by in the morning (which I knew) as he has bought a house and I have truckloads of stuff that would be useful to him and to take whatever he needed/wanted. Susan had told him she could not help him in any way, shape or form, because of her condition. Keep that in mind as I relate the following:

I turned to Gregg and with tears in my eyes said, "Susan is absolutely unbelievable!" When I had left Friday morning, the house was by any description, in, shall we say, "disarray." It had been a week and a half since Susan had cleaned and because of my then situation, little if anything had been done.

Sunday morning, despite her condition and attacks of horrific pain, she had CLEANED MY HOUSE! By that time, Kitty had arrived to pick up Gregg and she just couldn't believe it either. When queried, Susan informed me in no uncertain terms that she had not "cleaned" but had merely "straightened up a little!" I replied were that indeed the case, she had given an entirely knew meaning to the term, "straightened up."

I certainly am, my beloved Cruisemates, enveloped in Grace. I shall be praying as hard as I possibly can for the next day and a half for Susan's successful surgery. I invite anyone who wishes, to join me in that endeavor.

God Bless each and everyone of you!!!!

TDH
Old July 1st, 2013, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Todd, I am so happy that you are too stubborn to leave us! I'm glad that you are home and that your pain level is down, but I want you to take some time to recover, please. I hope Susan's surgery goes well. xoxo
Old July 1st, 2013, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Todd.....glad you're home & feeling better.........

Any idea how Susan is having her kidney stone removed? Larry has had most......he's had huge stones & many taken out.......now a days they are out of bed & back to themselves in hours........

Will be thinking of you & Susan.........

Sharon
Old July 1st, 2013, 11:08 AM
Captain

I've been out of town for awhile and not able to check in and when I do what do I see, Todd in the hospital! Just so glad that everything went well for you my friend. I am sorry I didn't know about all you issues please forgive me for not calling. Please take care of your self because we all love you!

Luanne, so glad to read that Jim is ok! What a day you must have had. Hope the insurance issues are worked out quickly.

Prayers for Todd and all our mates in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 1st, 2013, 05:12 PM
Admiral

Todd, I am so happy to read that you are home and recovering. Please take care of yourself.
Meanwhile, continued prayers and good wishes for yourself and for Susan.

Donna
Old July 1st, 2013, 06:07 PM
Captain

I talked with Todd earlier and he sounded better than he has for a long time. He is one tough old bird! So glad he is doing good.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 2nd, 2013, 01:50 PM
First Mate

Gone a few days and all h_ll breaks loose! So glad that Todd is home already and recuperating. Will be anxious to hear the word that Susan is doing well after her surgery, too! Todd, please take care of yourself and tell Susan to do the same!

Luanne, glad to hear Jim is okay after the accident.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
Admiral

Susan did not have surgery today. The reason is the situation is far more delicate and serious than anyone realized. Suffice it to say, she faces more than one surgery, possibly three, the first of which is tomorrow at 10:00am.

I am conveying to her this afternoon the prayers and good wishes from you'uns the most fantastic and supportive folks on the face of this Earth.

Love,

TDH