CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Going under the knife (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/397294-going-under-knife.html)

ToddDH June 27th, 2013 01:27 PM

Going under the knife

Hey gang,

I wasn't going to post this but have decided it's only fair.

Am going into surgery tomorrow. For me it's very high risk but I readily accept that and am comfortable whatever the outcome. As I told the Anesthesiologist, for me it's a "win-win!" I could live without the surgery but I elect not to spend my final days in a wheel chair where I currently reside.

Know this. I am the happiest I've ever been in my life and am certainly among the most Blessed people on Earth.

To say I shall miss all of you (if it comes to that and of course, someday relatively soon it shall, whether or not it be tomorrow) is an understatement. I love you all equally regardless of where we stood on issues.

I wish for each and everyone of you, a lifetime filled with happiness.

I look forward to meeting you all, figuratively in this venue or in person in another and until such time,

God Bless and God Speed

seadog2 June 27th, 2013 01:34 PM

Certainly praying for the best. I believe a positive attitude is always a plus. Yours is defiantly that. My confidence is that we will see you posting on these boards again very soon. God's speed my friend.

Manuel June 27th, 2013 02:51 PM

I send my prayers and good thoughts.

TM

Lakers Fan June 27th, 2013 02:53 PM

Todd

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddDH (Post 1477400)
Hey gang,

I wasn't going to post this but have decided it's only fair.

Am going into surgery tomorrow. For me it's very high risk but I readily accept that and am comfortable whatever the outcome. As I told the Anesthesiologist, for me it's a "win-win!" I could live without the surgery but I elect not to spend my final days in a wheel chair where I currently reside.

Know this. I am the happiest I've ever been in my life and am certainly among the most Blessed people on Earth.

To say I shall miss all of you (if it comes to that and of course, someday relatively soon it shall, whether or not it be tomorrow) is an understatement. I love you all equally regardless of where we stood on issues.

I wish for each and everyone of you, a lifetime filled with happiness.

I look forward to meeting you all, figuratively in this venue or in person in another and until such time,

God Bless and God Speed

I hope everything goes well with the surgery . I will check back on line when I return from my cruise .
One of the things on my bucket list is to have the pleasure of meeting you in person one day .

kandajones June 27th, 2013 02:55 PM

Hi Todd, please know that we are praying for a full and successful operation.
You have always been a source of encouragement and a sign of all that is good in life, I feel really hono(u)red to have conversed with you over the years, and look forward to doing so for many more years to come.

I expect to read your next post the day after tomorrow - you are a born fighter & will come through this.

Speak soon,

Alan.

nlb1050 June 27th, 2013 03:37 PM

My prayers that all goes well.

skymaster June 27th, 2013 03:53 PM

Hey Todd. I know you're a "tough old bird", and I know you'll do just fine with the surgery. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) will be thinking about you, and praying for you. We look forward to meeting up with you again.

Ken
"SKY"

rollerdonna June 27th, 2013 04:25 PM

Todd, I expect you to be posting day after tomorrow, no excuses!
We need you around here, and as someone else said, meeting you one day is on my bucket list, so I'm waiting...

Donna

canuckity June 27th, 2013 04:54 PM

Prayers and best wishes for you Todd. Like the others I will be looking forward to your post in the coming days.

Aerogirl June 27th, 2013 06:59 PM

Todd , I will be praying for you and will be looking forward to you posts very soon.

Thank you for your kind words as its been my honor and pleasure to have had the chance to know you if only on this board.

Sending my love to you. Be well.

Trip June 27th, 2013 07:46 PM

Our CM community wants nothing more then to read your next post..I hope going into your surgery, with our collective prayers, will boost you with love. Go for Gold!

Meeting you on the Epic, while short on time due to our circumstances, was a pleasure.

Kuki June 27th, 2013 07:50 PM

Todd... passing on the very best wishes for a most successful surgery, and a speedy recovery!!!

Luanne Russo June 27th, 2013 07:51 PM

Sure glad you finally told everyone. Talk to you tonight.

Love you

katlady June 27th, 2013 08:57 PM

Todd if the surgery goes badly. Know that your friends here will miss your bright and wonderful personality. Even when I disagreed with your opinion I still respected you well thought out point of view. I will pray for a successful surgery and a quick recovery. I look forward to reading your post surgery thread.

Donna June 27th, 2013 09:08 PM

Evening Todd,
I am glad you filled us in on your upcoming surgery, may it be without problems and a quick recovery....Please send word as soon as you are able, take care...

Fern June 27th, 2013 09:43 PM

Good thoughts and prayers are coming from me! Hoping for a quick and successful recovery :).

CruisinK n J June 27th, 2013 10:01 PM

Going under the Knife

Todd, Keith and I will be thinking about you tomorrow. I sincerely hope that your surgery is successful and that you come through with flying colors. I, too, would love to meet you. Maybe all of us can go on a cruise together in order to make that happen.

Judy

belgique June 27th, 2013 10:16 PM

Todd: You WILL be fine, because I SAID so, and I ALWAYS get what I want!

dezertcruzer June 28th, 2013 12:19 AM

Wishing you a successful surgery and a rapid recovery. We need you back here at Cruise Mates post haste!

ToddDH June 28th, 2013 02:55 AM

Of course I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for all of your good wishes and prayers. I am indeed Blessed beyond reason.

It's now 0242 hrs. (that's 2:42am for you civilians or for those who served in the Navy, LOL).

Having my well honed sense of gallows humor I have to tell you this. One docudrama released in 1997 is The St. Valentines Day Massacre starring Jason Robards and narrated by Paul Sorvino. In it, Sorvino announces each "player." To wit.: "On the last morning of his life, Peter Gusenberg........."

Being one to never interrupt tradition and if it were good enough for the employees of Bugs Moran.....

On the last morning of his life, Todd De Haven arose at 2:00 am EDT and prepared to "rock 'n roll." And so I shall.

I intend to post again as soon as I can. If things go the way I both want and think or even if they don't, you will be notified before the sun sets on this day.

I love you all!

The Village Idiot

Manuel June 28th, 2013 08:11 AM

Todd, God bless you.

I am waiting anxiously for you to post some good news.

TM

rayb June 28th, 2013 10:19 AM

Sorry I have not posted earlier but too I have been under the weather. Being fitted for a CPAP in hospital etc.

But to say about our friend and companion I know him very well. I have talked to him, spent time with him, had a dinner meeting with him, Cruised with him. And he has slept in my bed (on his side of the King). I have assisted him with oxegan, fed him and been a buddy with him.

I talked to him a day or so ago and told him he will be fine after the surgery. But if he has problems I have contacts to let me know.

GOD bless him and pray for a complete recovery after this day.

Cruwysie June 28th, 2013 10:39 AM

Todd, Wayne and I are thinking of you today. We're looking forward to hearing good news about your surgery. As others have posted, you're a fighter, and we're confident you'll make it through this with flying colours! We would really like to see you again - so - please get well soon.

Donna June 28th, 2013 12:13 PM

Ray,
How did your test go...? Hope you are doing well and feeling better.

Cruznut2 June 28th, 2013 12:26 PM

Todd, Sending prayers and good wishes your way. Looking forward to seeing you posting again soon.

Laura

Luanne Russo June 28th, 2013 12:30 PM

I just received a call. Todd is out of surgery, and is in the recovery room. His doc. says that things went well.

I am sure, as soon as Todd is able, he will come here to update everyone.

Luanne

seadog2 June 28th, 2013 01:27 PM

Thanks Luanne. That is good news.

Trip June 28th, 2013 01:39 PM

Thank the Lord, such wonderful news. Thanks Luanne.

Lakers Fan June 28th, 2013 01:49 PM

Great news re Todd:

I told him privately that he is the most beloved person on CM . I'm sure everyone agrees.

CruisinK n J June 28th, 2013 02:44 PM

Going under the Knife

Such good news, Luanne! Let's all pray that there are no post surgery complications.

Judy