Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default Good Morning Saturday June 29, 2013

Good morning my Cruisemates friends, from a very warm Texas.

The sun is just now coming up, and it is already in the high 80's. Yuk!! When will fall get here?

YES, Jim is fine. He broke his neck in his early 20's jumping out of a perfectly good helicopter, and every time he gets hit, especially from behind, it has to be checked out.

I had to count my blessings yesterday, as Jim was fine, Todd is good, and Jim wasn't driving my Mustang.

What is not good is us having to deal with insurance companies. I called ours last night, to get advice. You should have heard me trying to explain. Jim was at a red light. The truck behind him, hit him, because the man behind him hit him. It turns out that the truck that hit him doesn't have active insurance. The man behind him has insurance from a company I have never heard of. I have a feeling their motto is "No License, No problem" You need a police report, but it was M.P's (Military Police) and they start sequester next week, so it might be weeks before we get it.

What a mess!!!!!!

In the middle of all this our Mortgage company called. We are in the process of re financing. The new Gov. regulations have made things so much harder. We need a ten year plan, but the entrance rates are high, than a fifteen year. What?!!!!!

I am trying to get through my panic attacks with breathing instead of drugs, so I sound like I am in labor.

I finally turn off everything, including the lights, and just sit there. It's one of those, "Where's my happy place"

Other than that, nothing going on here.

Everyone have a good day.

Love ya!!
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. I hot day is in store for us but I hope not as bad as it has been. I also hope it won't be as busy as of late. Mom has been feeling bud but won't hear of going to the doctor.

Luanne, I'm sorry that so much is hitting all at once. I am happy that Jim is all right, though.

Have a great day people.
Old June 29th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

It's warm here but on the cool side when compared to the temps on the Southwest.
Luanne, I do hope that things slow down a bit for you and Jim.

Have a nice day folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old June 29th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

Cloudy and cool here as of right now and I believe we're only going to be in the 70's over the next few days.
We have our Washington & New York trip approaching fast and I have to sit down and make a lst of things I need to bring since we're staying in hotels and don't have a washer & dryer...time too pull out the big suitcase!

Luanne... Thank goodness Jim is fine as that's what matters most as or the rest it will pas just keep breathing.

Very happy to hear Todd did well with his surgery.

Have a blessed day mates!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 29th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........

Temps are in the mid to upper 80's........that's HOT for us........suppose to stay that way all week...........

Luanne........glad to hear Jim is ok......good thing it wasn't your Mustang........

Just gonna try & stay cool today.......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old June 29th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Saturday, June 29

Good morning. It's already hot outside and it's just now 9 a.m. Heaven knows what the highs will be today. I will be in San Diego where it will be about 80.

Luanne, the important thing is that Jim is okay. The rest of it will work itself out.

Glad to hear that Todd is doing well, too.

Have a good day! We're on our way in a few hours.

Judy

Old June 29th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Admiral

Ahoy Mates, I was in a rush this morning to get to my volunteer shift at the ShipEtor, so didn't make it on here.
Luanne, gld to hear Jim is Ok, and that Todd is doing well too.
I know the frustration of car repairs and insurance; we just went through the same thing, but luckily all was covered since James wasn't even in the car when it was hit by 2 others.
A week and a half later, we have the car back good as new!

Donna
Old June 30th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
Good morning my Cruisemates friends, from a very warm Texas.

The sun is just now coming up, and it is already in the high 80's. Yuk!! When will fall get here?

YES, Jim is fine. He broke his neck in his early 20's jumping out of a perfectly good helicopter, and every time he gets hit, especially from behind, it has to be checked out.

I had to count my blessings yesterday, as Jim was fine, Todd is good, and Jim wasn't driving my Mustang.

What is not good is us having to deal with insurance companies. I called ours last night, to get advice. You should have heard me trying to explain. Jim was at a red light. The truck behind him, hit him, because the man behind him hit him. It turns out that the truck that hit him doesn't have active insurance. The man behind him has insurance from a company I have never heard of. I have a feeling their motto is "No License, No problem" You need a police report, but it was M.P's (Military Police) and they start sequester next week, so it might be weeks before we get it.

What a mess!!!!!!

In the middle of all this our Mortgage company called. We are in the process of re financing. The new Gov. regulations have made things so much harder. We need a ten year plan, but the entrance rates are high, than a fifteen year. What?!!!!!

I am trying to get through my panic attacks with breathing instead of drugs, so I sound like I am in labor.

I finally turn off everything, including the lights, and just sit there. It's one of those, "Where's my happy place"

Other than that, nothing going on here.

Everyone have a good day.

Love ya!!
Just a suggestion for you. Take a yoga class. Not that hot yoga stuff just a beginner class focused on flexibility and meditation. I know it sounds silly. I took my first yoga class for balance and flexibility. But one of the must wonderful side benefits was so how relaxing the class was. We spend so much time going here there and everywhere that we don't appreciate the moment we are in now. When was the last time you stopped everything and listened to the sounds around you? Or close your eyes and let it all drop away for 5 minutes? Shut everything out don't try to listen to the sound let the sound come to you. Just be right in this moment now. What are the smells in this moment? The sounds in this moment? The feeling on your body like the chair you are sitting in? I'm not a new agey person but sometimes you have to just go with things no matter now silly they seem. Let all your worries of the future and the past go for 5 minutes. This clears you mind and refocuses things, can of like restarting a computer. Remember it's important you take care of yourself. BTW I'm very pleased to hear Jim is doing okay.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 30th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Thank you K. It sounds like a plan, and I will check into it.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link