Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2013, 07:41 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Good Wednesday Morning.

Well folks, I'm home and, "overall" I had a great vacation. It was all fun until Sunday when I wasn't paying attention on a sidewalk and missed a four inch step. End result, broken ankle and two badly skinned knees. We drove home on Monday and my chauffeur (Betty) and I had a nice trip back. The only negative part of the return trip was our dinner in Kansas City. I was hoping for a great Kansas City steak and the desk clerk at the hotel recommended a steak house near the hotel. The steak didn't have grill marks but I do believe they were whip marks from the jockey. It was a tough and off tasting hunk of Kansas Strip Steak. BTW: It was a $35 steak. I received a refund and we went to Taco Bell.

I have a 9:00 a.m. appointment with the Orthopedic doctor. So I better find a garbage bag and some duct tape to tape up this cast and take a shower. It's been three days and I'm starting to get ripe.

I hope everyone has a great Fourth Of July and wonderful weekend.

Take care, (I know I need to)
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2013, 08:11 AM
Admiral

Good gracious, Mike, you give new meaning to, "stealing all the luck!!" I was right up there with you falling on average twice a day for two weeks but then I had an excuse.

Susan goes into surgery at 10 and of course am on pins and needles until Shawn or Lauren call me. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your prayers on her behalf.

I'll let you know the results as soon as I do.

Love to All

TDH
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old July 3rd, 2013, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
So, I hope I am the final person, checking in, from the medical wing of Cruisemates.. Bruce went into surgery yesterday to fix what was thought to be a possible hernia rupture, but turned out to be a mesh issue from the previous surgery. Bruce saw his new Dr, buttonhole the Dr. that did the surgery,and hopefully lambaste him We have pictures of his insides,and a horror movie is in the works..!!

Mike and Todd, & Bruce, press the call button, if need be..glad you both are doing better,

Happy 4th of July everyone..I am sure counting my blesssings!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 3rd, 2013, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a ... wait for it.... cool Texas. We are in shock this morning. The Headlines are "Record low's for Texas". It won't last, so I plan to do some yard work today.

Mike, I am so sorry about your ankle. I do hope the Dr. says it will heal soon.

My head is spinning this morning, with all the changes in our lives. Jim left this morning to a place that has record heat. He will be back on Monday, so not a very long one. Just as he was leaving work yesterday, he was told by his boss that he will be leaving again on Tuesday for the rest of the month.

This changes so many of our plans for the next few weeks, including the closing on the house, and several other things. This morning I have to make some changes.

I also have a chance to go to El Paso for a visit, so I have to make arrangements for that.

I do hope that all have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 3rd, 2013, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates, and welcome to the CruiseMates Medical Centre!
Todd, Mike and Bruce, wishing you all speedy recoveries, and everyone else - stay out of the Medical Centre!

It is another dull day in Pictou County, I can't remember when we last saw the sun, but at least it's not raining....yet.
I am going to collect some paperwork this morning so I can apply for Employment Insurance, then I don't know what I'm doing for the rest of the day. have a good one!

donna
Old July 3rd, 2013, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

My goodness mates whats going on here!

I'm starting to think we skipped summer and went right to fall as its been really cool & cloudy although from what they say things are about to heat up.

Our big trip is just two days away and we're very excited, cant wait to see all the Washington stuff as well as New York.

Trip, I'm happy Bruce's surgery went well.
Mike, Enjoy your shower!
Todd,Nice to see your posting.

Have a blessed day my dear mates!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old July 3rd, 2013, 10:44 AM
First Mate

One-stop medical visits here! Hail to Bruce, Mike and Todd who are all in the recuperation stage. Good vibes to Susan who is currently in surgery. Hope to hear all went well soon!

Starting to heat up today for a warmer 4th and weekend. Been cool the last couple of days but very humid. Cool and Sticky???

Getting ready for our cruise in the near future. Gotta pack, see about a dozen (kidding, but close) doctors before we leave. Also, need to print out instructions for the kids, instructions for us while on the cruise and instructions for the mutts, who get boarded while we are gone.

Hoping all have a good day!
Old July 3rd, 2013, 10:50 AM
Captain

Cloudy here but no rain yet. Been getting rain about every evening for a couple of weeks so I'm sure will see it later today. I am a golf widow for 2 days. DH and another guy got tickets to the Greenbrier tournament for Thursday so they left early this am. Why leave a day early? So they can stop along the way and play some golf! Just hope they don't get wet along the way.
Todd, so glad you are doing better and keeping your friend in our prayers. Mike...OH NO! a broken ankle is no fun. Take care and hope you get good news at the Dr. today.
Trip, hoping Bruce is on the mend. I'm sure you are the best nurse he has!

Everyone have a great day and hope you all see the sunshine!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 3rd, 2013, 10:56 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......

Cooling down today........only the low 80's........I know not that hot for a lot of ya.......but for us that is HOT!

Mike........take care........Todd.......feel better.......will be thinking of Susan......Trip........your horror movie might make ya a couple of cruises.......

Luanne.........have fun on your visit to El Paso.........things will work out......

Off to get a pedicure in a few.......then just staying cool..........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old July 3rd, 2013, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Default Good Wednesday Morning

Good morning. Still hot and sticky here. Seems like the monsoons up from Mexico are early.

My goodness! Looks like CM is casting for a new medical television drama! I hope you three feel better really soon.

A good day to all.

Judy

Old July 3rd, 2013, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Susan had a very rough go but she is alright! This has to be the most happy day of my entire life!

God Bless you all and from the bottom of my heart, Thank-You!! Prayer does work!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old July 3rd, 2013, 02:35 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon Mates

I send my prayers and good wishes to all the people with medical issues.

It's warm here but not with record breaking heat. So we are doing OK and so far no medical problems.

I hope that you all have a nice 4th.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old July 3rd, 2013, 09:46 PM
Admiral

Good evening from Virginia Beach. Now that I have been "retired" since the end of April, I have really gotten "lazy". Rob and I got back on Tuesday after spending a few days with "the in-laws" at their condo in Bethany Beach, Delaware. The weather held up for the most part but it did rain "cats and dogs" on Monday. The four of us ventured to a mall in Salisbury, Maryland where we got some great buys, especially with Rob's "military discount". After having lunch in the food court, the rain stopped so we then headed to historic Berlin, Maryland. What a charming town! I really admired how the main street architecture was "stuck in time". We had a ball hitting the antique stores! May all of my fellow cruisemates have a wonderful July 4th. Mike, hope you feel better.