CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Big Brother (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/397650-big-brother.html)

Lakers Fan July 9th, 2013 05:44 PM

Big Brother

I am rooting for McRae ,Howard and Amanda this season .

Trip July 9th, 2013 08:40 PM

There is much controvery on line, as to Howard not confronting Aaaryn,[not necessarily in a defensive manner] about her racist remarks. His retort, about not wanting to make waves,to continue on in the game,is rubbing some people the wrong way.

That Ginamarie, and, Arryn have lost their jobs,and the same possibility for Spencer, should make for some interesting dish in September.

Lakers Fan July 9th, 2013 10:35 PM

BB

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1478525)
There is much controvery on line, as to Howard not confronting Aaaryn,[not necessarily in a defensive manner] about her racist remarks. His retort, about not wanting to make waves,to continue on in the game,is rubbing some people the wrong way.

That Ginamarie, and, Arryn have lost their jobs,and the same possibility for Spencer, should make for some interesting dish in September.

The show has been receiving its highest ratings this season .

I wonder how many people know that Nick is an actor .

Luanne Russo July 10th, 2013 08:13 AM

I think that CBS missed a great opportunity to make a statement about racism. By doing nothing, makes them seem tolerant.

Lakers Fan July 10th, 2013 08:42 AM

I know for a fact that Amanda has spoken out about this .

Trip July 10th, 2013 03:59 PM

Luanne I agree....

venice July 10th, 2013 04:25 PM

Luanne..never let record ratings get in the way of responsible programming...

Luanne Russo July 10th, 2013 04:50 PM

You know I 'll bet ratings would go way up. Put out in the press that on the next show, big things will happen, and do all you can to promote. When the show starts, get all the people on the inside together, and let Julie tell those who were racist how wrong it was, and then ask them to leave. Make a big deal out of it.

There are many more of us who are not racist than those who are. It is times like this, when people need to speak up, and simply say NO

On the actual show I didn't hear any black trash, but to much about Chinese, Japanese, knowing that Julie herself was Asian.

venice July 10th, 2013 07:25 PM

For the life of me, I do not see any entertainment value in those types of programs...tv programming at the lowest level

It makes me appreciate and $$$$ support PBS programming...

I bet soon their will be a full charter theme cruise featuring reality show stars and I bet it will sell out in a hot second

Lakers Fan July 10th, 2013 07:49 PM

Julie Chen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luanne Russo (Post 1478626)
You know I 'll bet ratings would go way up. Put out in the press that on the next show, big things will happen, and do all you can to promote. When the show starts, get all the people on the inside together, and let Julie tell those who were racist how wrong it was, and then ask them to leave. Make a big deal out of it.

There are many more of us who are not racist than those who are. It is times like this, when people need to speak up, and simply say NO

On the actual show I didn't hear any black trash, but to much about Chinese, Japanese, knowing that Julie herself was Asian.

Julie Chen is a double minority-she is Asian and Jewish and as such she should not condone what is being said on the show.

Trip July 11th, 2013 10:13 AM

Unless Julie converted, and nothing came up on google, how is she Jewish?

This was the closest thing I could see,and it says nothing...LF do you know Julie?

Moonves and Chen wed in 2004 in a private ceremony in Mexico and no details were released about whether any clergyperson presided over the nuptials.

venice July 11th, 2013 11:35 AM

It amazes me how many folks are invested into these tv reality programs characters lives and yet don't know their neighbor's in case of emergency ctc names and numbers

Queen of Oakville July 11th, 2013 01:49 PM

I watched a bit last night (I didn't realize this season had started already!).

I got hooked with "the Moving company". Gotta love a well-named alliance.

You know its going to be a good season when the alliances are well-named rofl

I taped last nights episode. Need to know what I missed in the first 5 shows!

Lakers Fan July 11th, 2013 03:43 PM

Hmmm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1478698)
Unless Julie converted, and nothing came up on google, how is she Jewish?

This was the closest thing I could see,and it says nothing...LF do you know Julie?

Moonves and Chen wed in 2004 in a private ceremony in Mexico and no details were released about whether any clergyperson presided over the nuptials.

One of my friends is a cousin of Les Moonves' ex-wife .When Moonves married Chen in 2004 my friend said that Chen converted to judaism as she was going to be the step-mother of jewish born children . I will see this friend next Monday night and ask him .

Trip July 11th, 2013 07:30 PM

As someone who made the conversion, I know its not a 1~2~3 process. If she did, & it wasn't hastened by her celebrity, I'm surprised it didn't get out.

Lakers Fan July 11th, 2013 08:26 PM

I'm almost positive that she did convert but I will find out Monday night and post the answer most likely on tuesday .

Trip July 11th, 2013 09:34 PM

Aarryn's remarks just now on the show, showed America, just what a moron she truly is...she simply does not care that her remarks are racist, comparing people calling her Barbie, and blonde, just as hurtful....:confused::confused::confused::confused ::confused::confused:

If I was her family, watching this I would be so ashamed, but then again, she had to learn it somewhere....

Lakers Fan July 11th, 2013 09:59 PM

Tonights show

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1478771)
Aarryn's remarks just now on the show, showed America, just what a moron she truly is...she simply does not care that her remarks are racist, comparing people calling her Barbie, and blonde, just as hurtful....:confused::confused::confused::confused ::confused::confused:

If I was her family, watching this I would be so ashamed, but then again, she had to learn it somewhere....

I taped it and will watch it later . I don't know if this was shown but I do know that Amanda spoke to her privately and she laughed at Amanda .
I read this on line earlier .

Luanne Russo July 11th, 2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1478771)

I agree completely, and hopefully American saw how hurt Howard was.

ToddDH July 12th, 2013 12:03 PM

I agree 100% with Venice. Don't by any standard want to appear "uppity," but I consider such programming to be unadulterated trash and we as a nation are only propitiating such nonsense with our viewing habits.

Lakers Fan July 12th, 2013 01:51 PM

Todd

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddDH (Post 1478853)
I agree 100% with Venice. Don't by any standard want to appear "uppity," but I consider such programming to be unadulterated trash and we as a nation are only propitiating such nonsense with our viewing habits.

That can be applicable to any kind of television viewing . There are people who enjoy and condone the killing of animals ,people who watch and enjoy wrestling ,people who watch and enjoy violent sports such as boxing ,football and hockey .
We all have different tastes .

venice July 12th, 2013 02:11 PM

Cable tv (AE, FX etc.) have much better entertainment shows then network tv these days...however cable news offerings ,(FOX, MSNBC) are just as offensive to me as the reality shows so I choose not to watch either offering (thank God for The Daily Show, The Colbert Report and PBS News Report)

We have no one to blame but ourselves for the crap on tv....if we didn't watch it, advertisers would not purchase time on it, tv heads would not program it...I think we should read more, go outside and exercise more, engage in conversations with our family and friends more and go on more cruises

I must confess, I love Mad Men and Shameless (ShowTime) alot.....great writing and acting on both shows that represent a dysfunctional reality that makes me laugh rofl

Luanne Russo July 12th, 2013 05:10 PM

Whooooo guys, This thread was started so we could discuss a tv show. No one says it's a great show, but it does come on, and those of us who watch it, were discussing it.

How can any of you trash a totally trashy show, without ever seeing it?:D

Lisa July 13th, 2013 02:27 AM

I may be in the minority on this thread, but I hope this plays out as those in the house are in isolation When they do get out, and find out they have lost their jobs and are considered racists, I would love to see their reactions to this. I think this type of situation would have more impact on them, instead of being warned ahead of time. Hit them with this information when they are booted out instead of giving them fair warning. And make sure their reactions to what their bosses have done is broadcast live. jmho:D

Trip July 13th, 2013 10:01 AM

Oh Ya, when September comes, all the gossip shows, will have the aftermath of thee morons finding out they lost thie jobs......still waitingto see if Spencer's jobe is gone.

Aaryn's cluelessness is relly mind boggling...if you read BB blogs today, you can see who Helen put up,and the MVP..wow!

venice July 13th, 2013 10:41 AM

Luanne...I've seen the show :(you make an excellent point, we all have our tv "guilty pleasures"

Those contestants that lost their jobs due to their views will hire lawyers who will claim violation of freedom of speech (and will probably win)

Luanne Russo July 13th, 2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1478966)
Oh Ya, when September comes, all the gossip shows, will have the aftermath of thee morons finding out they lost thie jobs......still waitingto see if Spencer's jobe is gone.

Aaryn's cluelessness is relly mind boggling...if you read BB blogs today, you can see who Helen put up,and the MVP..wow!

can you give a blog site. I would love to read it.

Trip July 13th, 2013 11:35 AM

BBDish! Ya Gotta Have it!

This is the one i've followed for years...

Luanne Russo July 13th, 2013 12:21 PM

Thank you for the link

Lakers Fan July 13th, 2013 04:20 PM

Another one

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luanne Russo (Post 1478980)
Thank you for the link

Go to Sir Linksalot.com and scroll down to BB 15