Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Admiral

Default My Precious Daughter

Yesterday was a tough day for me. For those who did not know, it was two years ago that I received that horrendous telephone call in the middle of the night... 1:30 am for me in this case. The call was from my son, telling me that the very apple of my eye, my precious daughter, April, had lost her life. A police officer then took the phone and relayed to me that she had died about 9:30pm from a traffic accident. April was 37 years old and that same day was her own daughter's birthday.

Some on here know the pain of losing a child... or certainly a loved one so early in life. For months, I mentally kicked myself for not being there to help her, for not being able to take the steering wheel and turn the car to safety for her... for still being alive instead of her. I have been involved in a traffic accident where I went into cardiac arrest four times... an accident so bad that the family was told I would not survive through the next couple of hours. But I did... and I still would GLADLY trade places with my dear April.

My dear Cruisemates friends, I am not soliciting pity for myself, I am asking for prayers to God for April and her children. She was cut down so young in life but she was a fabulous mother and a wonderful, loving child to this old dad.

Please make amends with those who are estranged from you and tell them that you love them. You never know when the last chance will present itself to you.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Admiral

Mohawk,

Thanks for being so,open with us. I just prayed fornApril's family.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Old July 10th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Admiral

Wow Michael, I did not know any of this, but I do remember your accident way back when. My sincere condolences on the loss of your daughter, and I will say a prayer for her family.

donna
Old July 10th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

You know that I know your pain. I have always prayed for your family, but my main pray is for those around us, who I hope never feels that hole in your heart. The why's and why not me.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 10th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Admiral

A very dear friend of mine lost her daughter to a hit and run driver . I was not aware of your situation ,Mehawk ,I hope that your pain has been eased .
Old July 10th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Admiral

{{{{Michael}}}}

My heart breaks for you and for April and her family.

How very tragic. How old are April's children now? I pray they always remember how loved they were by April and that they know she is always watching over them.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old July 10th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Admiral

Mehawk, I understand your pain. I lost my oldest son 20 years ago. He was 19. My prayers are for strength, comfort and peace. I know how hard it is. Just know that I am praying for you, me and all parents who have lost a child.
Old July 10th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Michael,
I can't even begin to imagine the pain of loosing a child, and one so young and a mother herself...I had no idea....and what you say, is so right, don't let supid things get in the way of family/friends...Always, say "I love you" to the important people in your life...

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 10th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Michael, I am sure you have helped many along this sad journey,and, now your words can help us here...Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers..xo

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 10th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Admiral

Michael
I sorry to hear about your sweet daughter April, I can't imagin what you must go through daily. My prayers are with you as we'll as Aprils children and I hope they know mommy is with them every minuite of every day. Bless all who grieving the loss of a loved one

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old July 10th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Admiral

Michael, I did say a prayer for you family and of course another special one for your daughter.
I have two daughters myself and I can't even imagine what it would be like to lose either one.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old July 10th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Admiral

Michael,

I absolutely cannot even fathom the depth of your and Luanne's pain. Suffice it to say I do hurt for you.

There are times one must rely almost entirely upon Faith for virtually every other tragedy pales when compared to losing a child.

However I believe, firmly believe, that both your daughter and Luanne's son are now in a far better place. I've made that comment for decades but only now, in my twilight years, do I really comprehend that such is indeed the case.

I am indebted to you for your contact and for your support during my, in comparison, trivial problems. I now as I have done with Luanne, pledge to do anything I possibly can in any way that I can, to try and help you through this period of extreme grief that in all probability will occur for the rest of your life. But know this Michael. We have a bond few could understand and if for that reason alone, I hurt for you that much more.

God Bless you, my Brother!

TDH
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old July 11th, 2013, 10:22 AM
First Mate

You and your family, April and her family are in our thoughts and prayers. Time helps, but never forgets.
Old July 11th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Admiral

I am sorry for your loss. I hope that her children will always know how much their mother loved them.