Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday and the Weather Continues!

Morning Mates, another gorgeous, hot day here in Pictou County. It was even too hot to make it to the beach yesterday, I stayed in with the a/c and read a book!
Today is aquafitness, followed by a Dr. appointment, then probably more a/c and reading. I love summer!

donna
Old July 16th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Donna: I'm glad your warm weather is hanging around. Enjoy it while you can.

Not much happening around here. Yesterday, Betty squashed my dreams of moving to Phoenix. She finally said that she can't live more then one hour away from the grandkids and, for now, she'd rather take the money we would spend on a second house and use it for travel. I hate it when she becomes practical. I was leaning the same way. When the grandkids are older and grandma and grandpa aren't so "cool" then we can sell this place and buy a place. Though I was looking forward to being the "Kuki Kaddy" in the winter.

Nothing on the agenda for today except for Betty. She has shirked her lawn mowing duties and must do it today because rain is forecast for tomorrow night. She might be able to do it tomorrow since she has her women's group meeting today.

I was proud of myself yesterday. I hobbled around the house and did a good job of dusting and polishing. Not just the Swiffer half-a**ed job. I also did three loads of laundry but required Betty's help to get the stuff upstairs. With my balance I can't carry a laundry basket and navigate stairs at the same time. At least I folded what needed to be folded and hung up what needed to be put on hangers. Betty worked her rear off vacuuming and washing floors and changing linens.

Well it's off to pay some bills online. I love online banking. I write about one check a month, if that. It also makes it great when you travel. You can just pay them whenever you have a secure connection.

I do wish everyone a great Tuesday. Take some time out and do something nice for yourself.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 16th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Another hot day here.......80's.......I'll take it as long as I can.........

Larry has a dr appointment this morning then nothing else........maybe laying out by "the pool" this afternoon.........

Y'all have a good day..........

Sharon
Old July 16th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

Day 2 of flood control installation and its looking a little messy out there from the clay they dug out and the out of nowhere rain that fell

Not sure whats on my agenda today but I plan on getting out for a little today once I get rid of my sinus headache.

Mike...your such a busy little bee.

Have a great day!

Need some cruise help?
ALLURE, 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old July 16th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning Donna, Mike and all those to follow from El Paso Texas. I arrived yesterday to a total culture shock. It is very difficult to find someone who speaks English.

I probably should not write this, because I am still tired from the trip, but I did want all to know, I was thinking of them.

Have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 16th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Captain

Another warm day here too! Well our softball season ended last night with our girls loosing for the 2nd time. Sunday and Monday were the killer games but the girls did a great job. The heat & humidity were just terrible. I don't know how those girls stood it. I was lucky to find a shady spot to watch from but still looked like I'd been in a pool by the end of the games. D/H got a little teary eyed when the girls all hugged him and thanked him for being their coach. It was a fun season but now we get to enjoy the rest of the summer without having to work around a ball schedule.
We too need to mow either today or tomorrow as we will be hitting the road for a square dance campout weekend on Thurs. I need to put a few things in the motorhome but first I will need to hit the grocery store. We have 2 weekends in a row that we will be dancing and camping so I'd better get moving and as Larry the Cable Guy says "Giter Done!"

Everyone have a great day. LuAnne enjoy El Paso.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 16th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Ole, ole, ole, ole, feeling Hot Hot Hot! I am in our bedroom with the ac running, the blinds closed, and the 2 kids are watching tv and on their electonic thingys!

I was going to make a jumbo pizza pepperoni roll for supper..I am telling you FB has the best recipes evah, but, even turning on the oven for 25 minutes could do me in, so the $3.00 pizzas from down the street will have to suffice!

Stay cool,and, make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 16th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday and the Weather Continues

Good morning. The weather continues hot here, too.

What did the old song say? ". . . the hazy lazy days of summer . . ."

Judy
Old July 16th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Admiral

94 degrees .I should be in the pool instead of home in the AC but here I have ice cream
Old July 16th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Hi Kids,
Ole, ole, ole, ole, feeling Hot Hot Hot! I am in our bedroom with the ac running, the blinds closed, and the 2 kids are watching tv and on their electonic thingys!

I was going to make a jumbo pizza pepperoni roll for supper..I am telling you FB has the best recipes evah, but, even turning on the oven for 25 minutes could do me in, so the $3.00 pizzas from down the street will have to suffice!

Stay cool,and, make it a good one.
$3.00 pizza sounds very scary. If they're good, what the heck.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

Old July 16th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Admiral

Small cheese, $3.00 Mondays & Tuesdays..thin crust and delish...toss in a Greek salad and voila..suppah! Should I make you a plate?

Old July 16th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Small cheese, $3.00 Mondays & Tuesdays..thin crust and delish...toss in a Greek salad and voila..suppah! Should I make you a plate?
Only if they have gluten free crust.

Take care,
Mike

Old July 16th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Admiral

Another hot day loomed for Virginia Beach. This morning I did my usual foray to the gym, got cash from the bank for our trip, tomorrow, and remained in the the house for the rest of the day. Palm Springs will be hot but it won't be humid!
Old July 16th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Admiral

We ended up with Chinese food

Old July 16th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Admiral

Temperatures nearly hit 100 here today