CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Steaming Hot Saturday (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/397995-steaming-hot-saturday.html)

rollerdonna July 20th, 2013 06:59 AM

Steaming Hot Saturday

Morning Mates, when it's already 25+C at 7 in the morning you know it's going to be a stinking hot day.
Forecast is for 40+C, or over 100F, which is rare around here, but has been frequent this July.

I'm off to the Ship Hector for a morning of tours, then I will find someplace cool to spend the afternoon....probably in front of the air conditioner! Keep cool everyone...

donna

Mike M July 20th, 2013 07:49 AM

Good morning everyone.

It is a beautiful day here. The temps have lowered and so has the humidity. It is going to be a very nice day.

This afternoon we are out to a party on the lake. Betty and a friend of ours planned out the party and chartered a "cruise" to celebrate and mourn two of our friends upcoming move to Hawaii. It should be a fun time with almost 50 people. The scary part is that it's a "Three Hour Cruise." If you aren't familiar with the Minneapolis area there is a lake called Lake Minnetonka. It is a large lake with many bays and channels and over 130 miles of shoreline. It is also the lake where many of the executives of Cargil, Pillsbury, Medtronic, Genmar and other companies have multi-million dollar homes. So, I can see if I find a lake cabin. ;) :)

Donna, I hope you don't overheat today. I hope it is a bit cooler down by the sea.

I wish everyone a great Saturday and a wonderful week ahead.

Take care,
Mike

Luanne Russo July 20th, 2013 09:37 AM

Good morning everyone from El Paso, Texas. The temp. remains lower than usual, so it isn't that bad.

Today is moving day for us. I hate this hotel. I really don't feel safe, so we have found another a little further down the road.

We had a good furlough day yesterday. We had breakfast away from here, and then went to the Border Patrol Museum, which was very interesting. It is funded totally by donations, but is free to get in. It was good to see all the history of not only the American, but the Canadian as well.

We then went to New Mexico to get me a spoon. (Remember I collect them)

We only spent a couple of hours there, but couldn't find a spoon anywhere.

After we got back we went on post to look around, and to shop. We found Josh two dragons, which he collects, and a few things for this horrible room.

Today we are going to pack up, and get the heck out of here. The only problem is the paperwork for the closing on the house is due to arrive here on Tuesday, and we won't be here. I hate to cause more problems, but I can't stay another day. I have left word with our financing bank of the change, and hopefully they can notify Fed-Ex, or we will just have to come back here on Tuesday to pick them up. The pepper spray we bought hopefully won't be needed in the new place.:)

I hope all have a good day.

Luanne

LS80 July 20th, 2013 10:48 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Cooled off today......only 70's for now......or so they say.......we'll see.......

Luanne........hope the new place is better.....

Y'all have a good day........

Sharon

Manuel July 20th, 2013 12:07 PM

Good afternoon Gang

We are warm but not uncomfortable in this area. It's 81 Deg.

To those of you are under the excessive heat take it easy. The weather will change before too long.

Enjoy the weekend.

TM

CruisinK n J July 20th, 2013 12:31 PM

Steaming Hot Saturday

Good morning. Hot and stick today, but right now, it's not too bad.

Keith drove his own car to Riverside today, so I'll be out scampering about.

Have a good day.

Judy

Lakers Fan July 20th, 2013 07:42 PM

"Ode to be in Riverside"