CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   My Best Friend (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/398059-my-best-friend.html)

Lakers Fan July 22nd, 2013 12:01 PM

My Best Friend

My closest and dearest friends is a woman who I've known for many years . In all this time we've never had even the slightest of arguments .

Although she is a member of The Tea Party and we differ greatly on political views we get along wonderfully . Why am I posting this ? This woman who is loved by all of her friends and family is in a hospice center dying . I have tried to lift her spirits by telling her about the power of prayer and about friends and relatives who beat the dreaded Cancer . I know that she listened to me but she is in so much pain that she is ready to enter the world beyond earth if there is one (my thoughts ,not hers) .
I have tried for years to get her to post on Cruisemates but she would often say that her politics would cause her to argue and its against her nature to do so.
I told her last week that Nelson Mandela who I believe was in a hospice dying is going home this week. I hope and pray that she will too but my feeling is that this is the end of life for her .
I have prayed to GOD more for her than for anyone in my life .Now I am praying for her family to be able to accept what is about to come.

Aerogirl July 22nd, 2013 02:20 PM

Prayers are with her, it's never easy to watch someone you care about die .
I hope they keep her comfortable and she's surrounded by all her loved one.

Trip July 22nd, 2013 06:02 PM

We can only hope she goes gently into that good night......

Lakers Fan July 22nd, 2013 09:58 PM

Thank you

Thank you both

Luanne Russo July 24th, 2013 02:26 PM

I am sorry I didn't see this. I will of course keep her in my prayers.

Is this the same woman who you ask for prayers several weeks ago? If it is, I am so sad she didn't get better.

Take care.

Lakers Fan July 24th, 2013 03:51 PM

Luanne

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luanne Russo (Post 1480208)
I am sorry I didn't see this. I will of course keep her in my prayers.

Is this the same woman who you ask for prayers several weeks ago? If it is, I am so sad she didn't get better.

Take care.

Yes ,the same person.Thank you .

ToddDH July 24th, 2013 04:29 PM

I too am sorry I missed this thread. my heart goes out to you and my prayers to your friend. I know somewhat your feelings as I went through the same thing with my beloved Fran on 8 Nov 10.

May God Bless your friend and you as well.

TDH

Lakers Fan July 24th, 2013 09:30 PM

Thank you Todd

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddDH (Post 1480223)
I too am sorry I missed this thread. my heart goes out to you and my prayers to your friend. I know somewhat your feelings as I went through the same thing with my beloved Fran on 8 Nov 10.

May God Bless your friend and you as well.

TDH

Thank you very much.

Manuel July 25th, 2013 04:58 AM

LF, I send my prayers to your friend.

TM