CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   A truly silly email CONEHEADS (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/398060-truly-silly-email-coneheads.html)

Paul Motter July 22nd, 2013 02:39 PM

A truly silly email CONEHEADS

I get a lot of emails that just don;t make sense, and I get others that are just plain nuts.

In a recent article I revealed that crew members often call passengers coneheads - I don't know if they still do, but I do know it was pervasive for a very long time. Now, the term has faded from public perception a lot in the last few years.

But someone read may article and took the time to write to me to say...

I read Paul Motter's article about life on a cruise ship and the use of the slang word "Cones" to describe passengers. My last name is Cone and I resent the use of my last name in this derogatory manner. If I had known that prior to our last cruise, we wouldn't have gone. We won't go again. Sincerely, Judy ****

(NAME HIDDEN TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT)

Paul Motter July 22nd, 2013 02:42 PM

All I can say to this is, with that kind of thinking I can understand WHY they call them coneheads, or "cones" for short.

I should have asked her if she was from France. (The article explains the term comes from Saturday Night Live and the skits about coneheads.)

Dave Beers July 22nd, 2013 04:14 PM

Or perhaps she and Mr. Cone give out six packs of beer and fried eggs to trick-or-treaters? Truly a bizarre e-mail.

venice July 22nd, 2013 04:31 PM

Be prepared for a defamation suit :roll:

ship2shore July 22nd, 2013 04:40 PM

Boy, you sure hid her name well.rofl

Paul Motter July 22nd, 2013 05:39 PM

Oh... let me fix that...

I read Paul Motter's article about life on a cruise ship and the use of the slang word "Cones" to describe passengers. My last name is **** and I resent the use of my last name in this derogatory manner. If I had known that prior to our last cruise, we wouldn't have gone. We won't go again. Sincerely, Judy ****

rollerdonna July 23rd, 2013 10:49 AM

It certainly takes all kinds....even Coneheads!

Moiraine July 23rd, 2013 12:48 PM

That is just so funny!

Paul Motter July 23rd, 2013 02:03 PM

The things people choose to complain about are a never ending wonder.

Is this a taste of what some people at Cruise Critic are like?

I got another rant from a guy who I think was upset that his River Cruise was upset by the Danube floods. He sent me an email showing me he had been reading all of the cruise bashing sites (asking me if I knew 17 people "fell" from cruise ships in 2006?, etc)

When I replied to him that I was aware of those skewed statistic he wrote back to wish on us that "everyone in the cruise business should get cancer and die." :shock:

Thanks!!!!!

ship2shore July 23rd, 2013 05:54 PM

Paul M>

If you want to be a "cheerleader" for the cruise industry, then you DO KNOW that some people just come to look at your panties, right???....

roflroflroflrofl