CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (
-   -   The crazy shoe poll (

katlady July 30th, 2013 01:03 AM

The crazy shoe poll
Yup. I saw these shoes and there prices and I thought. That is crazy who wears these things aside from Lady Gaga. So this is a poll you will vote for the craziest pair of shoes. Enjoy.

Shoe A to stick your feet in these bananas it's gotta cost you $1,400
Shoe B features 160 crystals perfect for the office. Turns out crystals are expensive as these pair are $6,395
Shoe C looks like some plastic plant is growing up her leg. Only $1,644.08. Why .08 the $1,644 wasn't enough.rofl
Shoe D has some kind of mumps seriously these shoes need a doctor. Only $1,195
Shoe E Stay! Good doggy. $2,100 Bad doggy. :p

Trip July 30th, 2013 09:51 AM

You need a vote that says, No, Nada, Never! Whoopie Goldberg has the banana shoes,and often wears them on The View!

As one of a handful of women to be the very first shoe saleswomen in Boston, back in the 60's, I protest todays ugly shoes, vigorously,although I do love the color green of the studded booties.

Aerogirl July 30th, 2013 10:00 AM

Reminds me of the shoes Whoopie Goldberg wears, like Trip said

Lakers Fan July 30th, 2013 11:42 AM

One vote for A

Paul B July 30th, 2013 12:01 PM

I agree with Trip. She is our resident shoe expert.

rollerdonna July 30th, 2013 02:05 PM

None of the above, they are all ugly and horribly impractical. Give me flat flip flops any day!

Moiraine July 30th, 2013 02:14 PM

Well, I voted for C but they are all ugly.

balabusta July 30th, 2013 02:26 PM

As I have gotten older, I am "more practical" about the shoes I buy. In my younger days, I bought for "style", now I buy for "comfort". Sorry Manolo Blanicks, I will not be buying your brand.

Trip July 30th, 2013 02:52 PM

Anyone remember as a kid, seeing someone effected by a club foot? Many of the platforms shoes out there, so remind me of the shoes one had to wear back in the day.( I don't get wearing flip flops either, but......:p

balabusta July 30th, 2013 04:13 PM

Trip, I don't remember people that had "club feet" but I do remember that my father had "bunions" on both of his feet. (Years ago shoes for feet were measured haphasardly). Because of dad's experience with getting shoes as a kid, and because my mother came from a family where her father and uncles owned shoe stores in western Pennsylvania and around Cambridge, Ohio, both of my parents' were sticklers for getting my feet measured correctly and having well made shoes.

Manuel July 30th, 2013 05:22 PM

I can't exactly say why but I think that B would look nice on a cute young lady.

Donna July 30th, 2013 07:24 PM

My vote is E for the ugliest, but they are all pretty bad....YIKES!

CruisinK n J July 30th, 2013 07:27 PM

The Crazy Shoe Poll
They're all nuts, but I picked E. rofl

Mike M July 30th, 2013 07:40 PM

I don't think I'd want to wear a pair of shoes that looks like I stuck my foot up a dog's behind. :)

Take care,

katlady July 31st, 2013 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1480826)
I don't think I'd want to wear a pair of shoes that looks like I stuck my foot up a dog's behind. :)

Take care,

Too funny. Rollerdonna the poll wasn't what pair should I get because they are all ugly. The thing that got me was the amount of money people will spend to owner something so "ugly and horribly impractical" So looking at the list which is the most ugly and horribly impractical and vote for that one.;) It amazing me what designers can trick people into paying thousands of dollar for. I'm with you I love my Birkenstock sandals so comfy.