Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2013, 07:01 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday!

Morning Mates, I think I missed a day, was in too much of a rush to get out yesterday and then busy getting ready for company last night. We had friends over for a trivia night; if we can't play it at the bar, we'll play it at home - it was a lot of laughs!

The day before, we met up with "Cruwysie" Donna & Wayne for lunch in our favourite café right across from the Hector Heritage Quay, the blue building you can see in the background.

We had a great time catching up, and a great lunch too!

donna
Old August 2nd, 2013, 09:10 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Donna, I'm glad you got to hook up with Cruwysie and her husband. It's always nice to catch up.

Well folks: Yesterday I risked death, disability and divorce. I mowed the lawn while Betty was out. I put on my night brace, then tied a bag over it, hopped on the tractor and got the lawn mowed. I did fine with no after effects other than a slightly irritated wife. I grilled a couple of steaks and cooked up some kholrabi. It was a tasty and easy dinner.

Not sure what's on today's agenda. We'll just have to see what happens.

I hope all have a great day and a wonderful, upcoming weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 2nd, 2013, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Home!!! Yes we made it back last night, and what a trip it was. What the heck is going on with the airlines?

What should have been a short trip, turned in to an all day event, and I have never been so glad to be home. Now U am getting things back together, going through tons of mail, and get some groceries. Oh and did I mention that we have to remind Jake that he is not king of the house.

It was also good to get my arms around Josh. I have missed him so much. He was so funny telling me about the house, and what had been going on.

First, you have to understand that we have never had a male dog. We always had girls, because I was the only female in the house, and Jim said I needed back up. Anyway, Josh said "Mom, Jake is acting excited. " I said yes I can imagine, and he said "No, I mean really excited" It seems our baby boy is trying to become a man. So surgery is planned for Monday to make sure that doesn't happen. Oh the surgery is for Jake, not Josh.

Well, I guess I had better get started. I hope everyone has a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 2nd, 2013, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........

Not much happening around here.......Mike glad you didn't get in TOO much trouble....

Luanne....glad ya cleared up who was having surgery........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old August 2nd, 2013, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Luanne,

You ask what happened to the airlines, you might want to look at this on Amazon.Amazon.com: Full Upright and Locked Position: Not-So-Comfortable Truths about Air Travel Today eBook: Mark Gerchick: Kindle Store

Keith
Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:19 PM
Admiral

S

Speaking of airlines, we just discovered that starting in September, Air Canada will be introducing a direct flight from Halifax to Ft. Lauderdale, so we will no longer have to go through Montreal or Toronto to get to a cruise. Unfortunately, we have already booked one of those old flights for our October cruise.

Donna
Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:41 PM
Admiral

Default Tgif

"Friday The Lakers Fan Slept Late"
Old August 2nd, 2013, 02:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Thanks Judy bought it.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 2nd, 2013, 07:31 PM
Admiral

Rollerdonna, it is always great "when you can get direct flight". Because Norfolk, Virginia is not a "hub", it can turn into "an all day affair" to fly many places. When we went to Palm Springs, to use a timeshare week, we flew out of Dulles, this way it involved only changing planes once at the airport in Los Angeles. Not only that, it was cheaper than flying from Norfolk and having to change planes several times!
Old August 2nd, 2013, 09:39 PM
Admiral

Balabusta, I agree about direct flight....I hate flying through Toronto, its so big and so much walking in little time. And it's frustrating flying through Montreal home of my family and friends, and not being able to see anybody.
Much prefer a direct flight....less chance of losing your luggage too...

donna