CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Monday and a New Week (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/398269-monday-new-week.html)

rollerdonna August 5th, 2013 07:48 AM

Monday and a New Week

Morning Mates, just another boring Monday for us, but a happy-to-be-alive Monday for katlady's mother and sister - did you see those pics? OMG!
Thank goodness they are both still with us...

Well, it looks like a beautiful day today, sunny and a bit cooler. It is a holiday Monday in Nova Scotia, something called Natal Day, which as far as I can figure has to do with the birth of Halifax. Nobody can really explain it to me, they're just happy to have a long weekend in August!
No special plans, just staying home and not spending any money that I don't have, story of my whole summer...:-(

donna

Mike M August 5th, 2013 08:29 AM

Good morning everyone:

Leaving in a few minutes for the hospital. Betty needs another CT scan. I think this one is to determine if she has all of the required parts. :)

Yesterday we went out on the boat for a couple of hours and I dragged Betty around the lake a few times. She still pops right up on skis and she stays up. ;) Not bad for a retired woman. The we went and saw Wolverine. It was ok but I could have waited until it was on HBO. Not the best.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Take care,
Mike

Manuel August 5th, 2013 09:10 AM

Good morning Mates

Another week is here and we always have plenty of things to do to fill up our time.
We certainly are enjoying our retirement.

I hope that the week turns out good for everybody.

TM

Lakers Fan August 5th, 2013 09:22 AM

Another beautiful day in Smallville ,USA .

Luanne Russo August 5th, 2013 09:28 AM

Good morning everyone from the land of Hot. It never went down below 90 over night, and by Wed. we should be in the 105 area.

I have a special message for all, and can't use key words, so I need everyone to listen.

As most of you know, we are about to have an event here, that will be in the news. We woke up to an area alert to be careful, and take precautions.

Notice I didn't use key words to call attention to myself.:) I am learning about those things.

Anyway, We as a family have made plans for anything that might come up. We will try to stay away from popular places, and even have a plan to get out of town if needed. I will note that who's car Jake would be riding was debated.:)

I hope that all will be well, and we will get through this like any other day, but who knows.

The thing is, if something does happen, it is important that a thread not be started about us, our location, or situation. Any key words used, could cause CM to come up on a general search about what is going on.

The place is crawling with press, and God knows who else.

I will stay in touch as much as possible, to let you know we are all right, but won't be discussing what is going on. I also know that several of you have my cell number, and we have been warned about how easy talk can be picked up on scanners, so except for saying I am okay, I won't be answering any questions.

I do ask for you all to keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Now, I need to go and get a few things, so I wish all of you a good day.

Love you all

Luanne

LS80 August 5th, 2013 09:36 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Another HOT day here.......at least for us.....mid 80's for today & looks like it might stay that way for the rest of the week..........

Luanne.........you & family will be in our thoughts & prayers........no questions asked........

It's Monday..........sooooo......the granddaughter might be over later today so 'MA' might get a break from house work........;)

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon

Aerogirl August 5th, 2013 10:38 AM

Good Morning
Yes another week is upon us and that means another week closer to my cruise;)

Grocery shopping on the agenda today for me today.

Hearing about Kat's family , I too am happy their all doing well.

Luanne... Thinking of you & Jim.

Have a safe & blessed day.

CruisinK n J August 5th, 2013 11:38 AM

Monday and a New Week

Good morning. Beautiful weather here.

Have to take my car to the "auto doctor." Other than that, not much going on.

Have a nice day, all.

Judy

Trip August 5th, 2013 06:38 PM

Luanne...xoxo