Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Good Morning

Morning Mates, another one on the run!
Headed out to aquafitness, this is our last week as the pool is closed for upgrades for the rest of the summer...
Yesterday we visited a local park for a beautiful walk and fed the ducks, gorgeous spot. Fortunately we went in the morning because by the time we got home, the rain had started and then furious thunderstorms that lasted all afternoon. Here's a pic of the park:

donna
Old August 6th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Admiral

You do take wonderful photographs Donna and not just of animals, either! What an idyllic scene of your park.

I live in one of if not the largest counties in Tennessee. As Tennessee has 96 counties, the sizes are small compared to some states. Nevertheless I visited an absolutely gorgeous area of the county in which i'd never been when I attended a fund raising supper at the Church my "adopted" son's mother pastors. It is also absolutely idyllic but my favorite things about it is, there are several areas you still can't get cell service and if you need to make a call, you have to result to a land line. Now how peaceful can you get?
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old August 6th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning all from a beautiful state. We will again be in the 100's, and I can't wait for fall.

Jakes' surgery went good yesterday. Bella cried for him all day, and was so happy to see him.

Hubby picked him up from the vet, and was warned he might be a little sleepy the rest of the night, but not Jake. We had to stop him from running, and playing.

I have the house to myself today, so I am going to clean really good.

Hubby will be taking the truck to work each day for the next couple of weeks, because it has 4 wheel drive, and can go off road if needed.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 6th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

It's gonna be a scorcher all week here.....mid to upper 80's......I know not that hot for lots of ya........but for us that's HOT!!!!!

Just gonna try & stay cool today.......

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old August 6th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Admiral

Sunny and beautiful here in the home area of A-Roid.
Old August 6th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

Donna ...great picture , love the reflection of the clouds on the water.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old August 6th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I'm cast free. I took the cast off and I'm moving around quite well. It will take a couple more weeks for the sprain to heal but the break is fine. It should be just a couple more weeks and I'll be back to my old self.

Betty is off to her women's group and I'm just hanging out at home.

Not too many other things on the agenda for today. It may be a good day for me to catch up on some of the "stuff" on the DVR or attempt to get back to reading the "Game of Thrones" series of books. It is just too hard to read for any extended period so books that once took me a day or two to read now take me a week. These books are all 400 to 500 pages so I may finish the five book series by Christmas.

Sharon: Don't melt out there in the sweltering 80 degree heat. I know that with the humidity it feels worse. My sister-in-law, who lives just west of you also has a hard time when temps get into the 80's.

Luanne: You can bring the cleaning service up here. I'll pay you $40/hour.

Todd: Nice to see you checking in. I hope you are doing as well as you can.

Donna: Gorgeous picture!

Take care and have a great Tuesday.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 6th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning all from a very rainy, Virginia Beach. I do go out this morning to do my usual, workout at the gym and then to do my errands, on the way back home. By the way, Walgreens gives a 15% discount to active and retired military on all purchases, except prescription drugs, every Tuesday. I have "planted in my brain" to go to Walgreens every Tuesday as I can save a bundle, especially on their "advertised specials" plus and additional 15% off. Every saving helps in this economy! May all my fellow cruisemates have a wonderful, and hopefully, not rainy, day, where you live.
Old August 6th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Good Morning

A really late good morning. Just got back from seeing the doctor. In a little bit, I'm going to Norms for meatball soup. Yum!

Judy