Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Admiral

Default Hello Tuesday!

Morning Mates, another great weather day, it gets up towards 30C or mid-80's F during the day, but cool in the evenings, just lovely.

I am going to a new pool today for aquafitness, ours in closed until Sept. for repairs. I NEED to keep up the exercise, it really helps the back arthritis.
Of course I'm going to undo all the good the pool will do, by pulling more weeds when I get home. I have a big job ahead of me, and I'm determined to finish it!

donna
Old August 13th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning Donna, and all those to follow.

We have a cold front coming through!!! Of course our cold front drops us below 100 for the day, but we will take it.

I have been trying all morning to get all of my accounts updated. I bought a new computer the other day, by trading in some other stuff at Best Buy.

It is so cute, and weights less than 4 lbs. The other one was so big, and was weighing me down with all the travel.

My new one is a lap top, but the keyboard will fold back, and turn into a I Pad. The big change is it has Windows 8.

As one person told me, "Windows 8 hates everybody" It doesn't like outlook, so I had to go to my secondary e-mail address, after 18 years.

I think it will be good, once I get everything organized.

I realized this morning that I have nothing to do today. Yea Me!!!

These last few weeks have been a head spinner, so it will be nice to do nothing.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 13th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. I woke up to rain this morning thinking it was Sunday. I wish! I hope you all have a great day.
Old August 13th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........

Suppose to make low 80's today........then dropping to the upper 70's for the weekend.......I'll take it.........

Luanne........don't freeze........ Glad to hear you've got nothing to do for the day........enjoy........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old August 13th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Another stormy day in NY .
Old August 13th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Betty is off to her women's group, so I have been left alone to wreak havoc and chaos. I'll start by having a second cup of coffee.

It's a beautiful day here with blue skies and a project high of 78. Perfect. I think I'll see if Betty wants to take the boat out for a spin this afternoon. It should be a great day for it. Great for me but I am thinking that Betty will believe it's to cool. We'll see.

Yesterday, I booked some hotels for Betty's European trip. At least she will have a place to sleep for a few nights.

Luanne: I too dislike Windows 8 but I have no problem running Outlook on it. Is it an older version? I have Outlook 2010 and it runs fine.

I wish everyone a great Tuesday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 13th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

A picture perfect day here today and for the rest of the week, temps hanging in the mid 70's .

Taking D/S for a haircut later today and just maybe I'll get my filthy truck washed.

Hope everyone has a groovy day!

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old August 13th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Mike, Jim worked on it, and then finally called someone who said that many had been having trouble, and right now Outlook was not compatible.

I have left a message with Jim, and I will ask him about it tonight.

WE did see a place where you could buy the new outlook, but it was over 100 dollars. Did you purchase the new one?

This morning I have managed to get all the programs on my new computer, and have had no trouble. I am lucky as I do very little on line, so hopefully the problems others are having, won't effect me.

I do have a question for you. I have switched to Yahoo, for e-mail. It has pop ups. Is there a way to turn them off?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 13th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Admiral

Default Hello, Tuesday

Good morning. I couldn't sleep last night and read into the wee hours.

Today is meatball soup day at Norm's. Yay and yummy!

Judy
Old August 13th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon gang!

We've already had more rain here in upper East Tennessee than we normally get in an entire year. With all the flooding going on, we're certainly not alone in that department. Yet the brush and forest fires still are consuming hundreds of thousands of acres.

Got my laundry all done and Susan will be here tomorrow to immaculatize the place. I'm not embarrassed because it always is in presentable shape (if you don't look in the corners at any rate).

I had my post op visit with my Neuro-surgeon last week and I informed him that the pain in my cervical area is really increasing and it's getting harder to walk with my head erect and shoulders back. He just gave me a somewhat sad look and said there was nothing he nor anyone else could do, which admittedly surprised me. He continued that he would operate with another excellent chance but only, IF I had pain in my arms No surgery will alleviate the pain that I have simply because it's arthritis of the spine. I told him no problem I'd live with it and virtually anything else as I am so thrilled I can at least ambulate once again. I've put the walker and the wheel chair aside with the knowledge that unless my heart causes my removal from the surplus population beforehand, I'll need both yet again. Drats!

Hope everyone is having a bang-up week and that your weather is at least acceptable.

Love to all and God Bless!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean