Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Default Wet Wednesday

Morning Mates, it is finally a wet one today, probably a good thing because my back needs a break from weed pulling... I got a lot done yesterday, but so much more to go.

The plan today is to make some sense out of the garage. I have a bad habit of "dumping" stuff I bring back from work, seasonal craft stuff and books, etc. and not putting back in the bins where they belong. I have several months of buildup, including Christmas decorations to deal with.
Guess I have my work cut out for me!

Meanwhile, hope you all have a good and productive Wednesday....

donna
Old August 14th, 2013, 08:48 AM
First Mate

Good morning to RD and all to follow.

Donna, you are getting the rain we had here in Connecticut yesterday.

Today it is supposed to be in the mid-70's, a far cry from the heat wave a few weeks ago.

Donna, have you ever considered a garden kneeler for doing weeding and planting? A few years ago I was finding that gardening tasks were really taking a toll on my knees as well as back, and I bought one. Best thing I ever did. I now kneel to plant and weed, and the thing reverses so you can sit on it. I use that when I am dead heading some of the taller flowers. Just Google kneelers for gardening and a bunch will show up from a lot of different places.

Have a good day all.....

Read and post cruise reviews

Last edited by Sid1962; August 14th, 2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old August 14th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning cruisers and cruisettes. It's a beautiful morning here in the Land of 14,320 lakes. It seems more like a September morning with temps in the upper 50's but the high is forecast around 78 so it should be beautiful.

Yesterday, I did some adjustments on the motor on the boat and want to see how it runs on the lake so I will see if Sleeping Beauty will take it out with me later this morning. After I told her that she had been derelict in her trip planning duties she is now in "manic mode" and spent most of yesterday afternoon going through clothes and altering some stuff. I think she is already packed even though she doesn't leave for three more weeks.

I guess I have been an enabler for her in trip planning. I basically do all the planning, organizing and logistics and she "packs". I'm now making her do the planning and she is overwhelmed. Hopefully, it will not come down to me just taking over and doing their whole itinerary for them. My daughter just wants to "wing it" and that is OK but I've informed them that they better be prepared to pay $$$$ for a last minute hotel or spend the night in the car. It should be fun.

Donna: I know what you mean about gardening. I like having a nice looking lawn but I have never been into high maintenance flower beds and vegetable gardening. It is too much work and something I don't really enjoy. Plus my days of kneeling and genuflecting are now long gone.

Sid: Send some of the rain back this way. Though we aren't in the drought we had last year, it has been dry since the first of July and some good rain is needed.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and enjoyable Wednesday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 14th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning all from a warm Texas. We will take anyone's rain. It is so very dry here. I water the lawn all the time, but it still isn't enough. There is nothing like having God doing the watering.

I spent most of yesterday working on my new computer. I love it. Mike, Jim was able to find my old e-mail, but still having trouble with Outlook. They only way we can find to get is to pay, and we can't do that right now. Oh well, my new one is working out just fine.

Today I hope to spend time on the house, but other than that, I am pretty much free.

I hope all have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 14th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Sunny and beautiful here today.
Old August 14th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

We are also in an area that could use some rain. This shoud be our rainy season but it's been sunny every day and it's been a while since we have seen any rain.

Sid, I am going to look for a garden kneeler. I also do my share of weed pulling.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old August 14th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Luanne........not sure what kind of problems you're having with Outlook but today I can't seem to open it......wonder why????

Temps are staying in the upper 70's......I'll take it......

Not much going on today........

Y'all have a good day..........

Sharon
Old August 14th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Terrific day out there, in Beantown,and here too, it feels like an early fall day! Have to get a sticker for the car today, and, runs some errands...just another day in the life.

Nikki seems to adjusting pretty well, to life in NC....one thing she can't get used to, are the bugs! Spiders are huge! They also had a weather front come through, which knocked out everything. She has a few irons in the fire for some jobs, so, that's good! School starts pretty soon for them, earlier then here...I miss them so.

My store closes at the end of the month,and it's amazing to me, that it has been in business since 1929, then, poof, it's gone! The man who is taking over is opening a mens store. He is based in Nantucket, with deep pockets,and wants to move the stairway, back a foot....need I say more? OY!

So, I am off and running...make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 14th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

I woke up and I was chilled,is it August or October. Warming up on the deck in the sun with my cup of coffee and loving that is only going to be on the 70's for a few more day , too could use some rain.

Cruisers & cruisettes I like your opening Mike!

Have a great day mates!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old August 14th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Default Wet Wednesday

Good morning. I spent about 45 minutes last night talking to my brother's ex. She is very good to my mother and spends a lot of time with her. After 15 years, her breast cancer came back on the same side. The tumor was in the same place mine was.

I am jealous of the rain you people are getting. We have to wait at least a couple of months. I hope it isn't as dry as last season.

I smell coffee. Best go get the day started so Keith can go to the gym.

Judy
Old August 14th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning All, Not wet here in Florida this morning but sunny and warm at 89. I think I will spend the afternoon in the pool. It is the place to be on a warm day.
Linda, I am sorry that your store is closing.
Judy, I am praying for your Mother.
No rain here as yet today but it is Florida so probably it will rain this evening.
Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 14th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Admiral

Sid, thanks for the hint about the kneeler.
Presently I am using a large lounge chair cushion for kneeling, and an old, but sturdy kiddy chair for sitting, which is okay, but the problem is I have no strength in my lower back for leaning, bending and especially pulling.
In my next life, I will be rich and hire a gardener......

donna