CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   How do you manage your travel documents (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/398426-how-do-you-manage-your-travel-documents.html)

Queen of Oakville August 16th, 2013 11:10 AM

How do you manage your travel documents

I came across my old leather travel wallet recently. It struck me that I haven't used it in years.

Important Things to Keep in Your Wallet While Traveling

In recent years, I seem to print out all my e-confirmations and just keep them in my purse.

I've become a huge fan of Evernote and use it for many purposes. I like that I have web access to my account - and also have access to everything on my phone, ipad etc. I've created a travel notebook and use it to put scans of all my travel docs.

Just purchased an AI vacation, and the agent sent it to me with a link to TRIP CASE. I downloaded the ap. It holds all the flight, hotel, and transfer information. Looks like it has many features. Started to put my oasis trip info into it.

Here is a link to trip case:
https://itunes.apple.com/app/tripcase/id309620151?mt=8

That is the apple link - but they have an android app too.

How to you manage all your travel docs?

Dave Beers August 16th, 2013 11:24 AM

I send everything to myself in an e-mail as a pdf. I then have it on my iPhone, iPad, and also on the e-mail server so I can get to it on any computer with internet access.

Queen of Oakville August 16th, 2013 12:25 PM

do you get a lot of email Dave? I get a few hundred emails a day- so I could not use that method - it would take me forever to find the email with my travel info.

even with evernote/trip case .... I will still be taking printed copies of everything. Not that I've ever gone back to check travel docs for an old trip, but I like having the information readily available for completed travel

Luanne Russo August 16th, 2013 01:07 PM

I am still behind the times. I am a printer fool, when it comes to travel plans.

Inside my bag will be the flight itinerary , and also my hotel information sheet.

I was glad I had it this last trip, when the airlines said I didn't have a reservation. They said No, and I showed them yes!! :D

I was behind a man when he did the whole hold your I-phone to the scanner, to get on the plane. The info had disappeared, and the last thing I heard was the employee asking if he had a hard copy.

I suppose I will join the rest of the world in the modern age, but for now, it's all about comfort that I have everything.:D

Trip August 16th, 2013 01:08 PM

I am not that high tech..years ago I obtained a bi fold, and,a tri fold document holders from HAL...easy to have everything handy, for me, as I hold all the "good" stuff."

Lakers Fan August 16th, 2013 02:17 PM

I carry everything on my person.

Surfguyxxx1 August 17th, 2013 06:18 AM

Print and carry; sometimes in color!!!

Dave Beers August 17th, 2013 12:36 PM

I move the documents e-mail to a separate folder just for my cruise info. You can set up separate folders for IMAP accounts in iPhone mail.

psumustang September 3rd, 2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Beers (Post 1482488)
I move the documents e-mail to a separate folder just for my cruise info. You can set up separate folders for IMAP accounts in iPhone mail.

I also do this. Works great

Manuel September 15th, 2013 12:37 AM

I have a very easy way to handle all my travel docs. And it works very well.

I let my wife handle it. rofl

Never had a problem. LOL

TM

Aerogirl September 15th, 2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1484605)
I have a very easy way to handle all my travel docs. And it works very well.

I let my wife handle it. rofl

Never had a problem. LOL

TM

Your a real card TM!!!!

canuckity September 15th, 2013 11:27 AM

I will have at least 2 print copies in separate carry ons and electronic access, via email, to a dedicated folder for that particular trip.

Manuel September 15th, 2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1484619)
Your a real card TM!!!!

I take it that you mean that in a nice way. :D

Thank you. :)

TM

Aerogirl September 15th, 2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1484629)
I take it that you mean that in a nice way. :D

Thank you. :)

TM

Absolutely !:D

seadog2 September 17th, 2013 02:07 PM

Wow I am behind the times. I've got to get me one of those new fangled cell phones. I have a pouch in my backpack just for cruise doc's.