Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Admiral

I was in my crib.

I was only 3 months old.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old August 19th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Admiral

You were with us in spirit what type of music did your Mom like
Old August 19th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Admiral

lol

My father actually had his own band - they did weddings and dances and stuff like that. My dad was a huge Elvis fan. They sang the old standards, the crooners, Elvis, chuck berry, the beatles. Best memories as a kid, was being perched on the speakers and listening to the band practice. Favourite memory was being a little girl and wearing a yellow dress, and the band serenading me with Harry Belefonte's Yellow Bird.

not quite Woodstock material : )

Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old August 19th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Admiral

Actually you would have fit right in there were huge speakers on either side of the stage that your Mom could have placed your car seat on top wearing a long flowing yellow sundress with flowers in your hair and Donovan singing Call Me Mellow Yellow
Old August 19th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Admiral

car seat?

this was the sixties. I was crawling around in the back of the station wagon while dad drove

Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old August 19th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Admiral

What's a station wagon.

VW Microbus or muscle pony cars were the rides of the day
Old August 19th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Admiral

In the mid 70's, Peggy and I had a bright yellow Volkswagon microbus with a pop top and a tent that could be attached it it. We travelled all over the country in the summer with our two children and her mother.
Old August 20th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Admiral

Did you have to do a "Fred Flintstone" when you went up a steep hill
Old August 20th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Admiral

My wife screamed all the way up to the top of Pike's Peak.
Old August 20th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Fan View Post
A friend of mine ,a retired actress was considered for the role played by Appollonia Kotero.
Prince wanted her for the role but he loved Appolonia .
Gee: If she had got the part he may have bathed her in the sacred waters of Lake Minnetonka. I do that about once a week.

Take care
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 20th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice View Post
What's a station wagon.

VW Microbus or muscle pony cars were the rides of the day
Venice:

My brothers both had respectively a '67 GTO and "69 GTO Judge. Nice cars. I had the "Family Truckster" A 1967 Ford Country Squire station wagon with a few modifications. 390 Cleveland V8, 4 barrel Rochester Carburetor, Straight pipe exhaust with straight Thrush mufflers, Hurst inline shifter, Keystone mag wheels and blacked out glass. It moved but I had to keep 4 bags of sand in the back in order to get the right amount of traction.

You could also carry eight people in it or have a place to crash if you couldn't make it home on certain nights.

Ah yes: The good old days of real premium gas and a 14 second quarter mile.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 20th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Admiral

Mike...my summer car was a 63 VW beetle with a hole in the floorboard and canvas sun roof that leaked...my winter car for safety was a pink (with a white top) 63 Nash Rambler

I stood no chance to court the "fast " girls in high school because they only dated boys who drove 64 GTO's, 63 Vettes, 66 cameros and 67 Plymouth Roadrunners...the student parking lot had better cars then the teachers

I learned young in life that a male ego is tied into what type of car you drove and the good looking girls would only want to be seen on saturday nigjts in muscle cars with bucket seats

When I got my first real job out of college, I owned a 69 black VW beetle and a 1972 lime green Datsun 240Z...on first dates I showed up in my beetle..if the girl acted funny I would tell her I left something at home and return in my "Z"...very different reaction from the young lady

Those were the days
Old August 20th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Admiral

Default Appolonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Gee: If she had got the part he may have bathed her in the sacred waters of Lake Minnetonka. I do that about once a week.

Take care
Mike
Appolonia had no qualms about being naked in the film . My actress friend would not have done that.
Old August 20th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Admiral

You do know she is a minister and celibate these days...must have been something in the lake in Mike's home state
Old August 20th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Admiral

Default Appolonia ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice View Post
You do know she is a minister and celibate these days...must have been something in the lake in Mike's home state
My actress friend appeared on One Life To Live ,retired ,got married ,had 4 kids but she is still as beautiful today as she was back in the day.
Old August 21st, 2013, 10:56 PM
Admiral

LF,

You've peaked my interest 'ol pardner. What is the name of your actress friend? If someone is in the arts such as film, TV, or theater, they're obviously public figures yet in the overwhelming number of similar circumstances, you use the term, "my friend." I can't understand why any celebrity would care about being identified. Matter of fact, I've never even read about one who didn't want to be mentioned their being filmed or telecast in a production although there might be someone...possibly for embarrassing reasons. Park Overall, one of the admittedly few celebrities I know, certainly doesn't care, matter of fact she plays on it.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old August 22nd, 2013, 04:44 AM
Admiral

TMZ would like to inow also
Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:58 AM
Admiral

In 1999 ,Harvey Levin of TMZ and I appeared on a TV show together .There isn't anything that TMZ does not know.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Default Todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
LF,

You've peaked my interest 'ol pardner. What is the name of your actress friend? If someone is in the arts such as film, TV, or theater, they're obviously public figures yet in the overwhelming number of similar circumstances, you use the term, "my friend." I can't understand why any celebrity would care about being identified. Matter of fact, I've never even read about one who didn't want to be mentioned their being filmed or telecast in a production although there might be someone...possibly for embarrassing reasons. Park Overall, one of the admittedly few celebrities I know, certainly doesn't care, matter of fact she plays on it.
If you have read all or most of my posts you will see that I always list the name of the person I am talking about such as my cousin the singer-actress-comedienne Marilyn Michaels or the Studio 54 honcho Steve Rubell or Mike Lang who was one of the Woodstock organizers both of whom were my friend. Another guy I mentioned was Vaughn Harper and my dear friend Roger Brown who on Sept.8 will be inducted into the Basketball Hall Of Fame .I mentioned Frank Tepedino who played for the NY Yankees ,another guy who i've known many years .
Two of my hollywood sources are Loretta Swit and Ellen DeGeneres .
Re my actress friend who I was referring to that you specifically asked about .I will be seeing socially next month and if she has no problem I will tell you her name .I doubt very much that you ever heard of her .
I also previously mentioned that in November I will be seeing the star of The Social Network,Jesse Eisenberg at a function and I've know him since he was 4 years old.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 09:01 PM
Admiral

LF,

I haven't read all or even most of your posts. I was referring to the actress in question, which indeed you've yet to name. I still don't understand why you would find it necessary to ask her permission to mention her by name. After all, she IS an actress! Oh, I may well not have ever heard of your friend But...you never know.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old August 25th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
LF,
. Park Overall, one of the admittedly few celebrities I know, certainly doesn't care, matter of fact she plays on it.
Hey Todd! I LOVE Park Overall. What a GREAT person, and actress. I'd love to meet her some day.

Ken
"SKY"