Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2013, 05:37 AM
Admiral

Default Non Traditional Cruise Countdown Rituals

All of us have our countdown rituals before our cruise...I am curious if you have a non traditional rituals that are consider unique or different

I sail on the Carnival Freedom on my annual charter music theme cruise in 75 days which is when I go into my countdown ritual..I go online on Amazon and CD Baby to order the newest music of the artists so I can download on my MP3 player for my daily walk and pack the CD. covers to be autographed...I check with my neighbors 5 teenage daughters to have them teach me the latest dance moves...the promoter sends out a monthly newsletter which tells us the theme nights, so this year we have 2 new theme nights so I am off to Dillards this weekend to shop for the Miami Vice (Crockett) look plus silk red pj's to coordinate with my girlfriend...I collect jazz festival teeshirts from around the world to wear onboard during the day so I go online to order.,.during the year I cut out snippets in my jazz magazines about the featured artists on the cruise for her scrapbook,,,I check the NFL schedule to see what Saints games I will miss and what the Monday night game is that will be shown on the big screen on the lido deck at our annual tailgate party

What are your non traditional rituals
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:36 AM
Admiral

Nothing quite as complicated as that Venice, just deciding what clothes to take and making sure my mp3 player is loaded for those long days by the pool.
Speaking of countdowns, I sure wish CruiseMates would fix whatever is wrong with our countdown clocks. Mine has not been working for months, and I would really like to know how many days I have left!

donna
Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:05 AM
Admiral

I buy new undies

Seriously I do but I too edit my cruising folder of music , add some take some off. I buy a new thermal travel coffee mug for my early morning run up to the lido deck.
This year I decided I wanted to start some kind of new tradition so anyone remember Flat Stanley ? we have Flat Granny,since my cruise partners and myself are all 50 and up I thought it would be fun to bring her along. Kind of like our 4th person I only wish I thought of this when we started doing our 50th birthday cruises for each of our birthdays .

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:12 AM
Admiral

I check weather forecasts of every place I am cruising to .