Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2013, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Default Hello Thursday!

Morning Mates, I cannot believe we have yet another gorgeous weather day on tap! It has been hitting 30+ during the days (80's F) and comfortably 20ish or 70's at night, just wonderful.

Last night I had a bit of a scare. Around 8:30 I heard a big bang outside and went out to look, and there, not 20 feet from the house, was a big black bear who had knocked over our big compost bin and was rooting around for food. Little Griffin was going ballistic growling and barking, and along with our shouting and clapping finally scared the bear back into the woods! Today I will have to clean up the mess, clean out the bin, and make sure it is safe inside the shed from now on...

I have a busy day planned, off to aquafitness, then some errands, and this afternoon, a meeting for work. I am hoping and praying they let me stay in the same school I ended up in last year. Only 1 more week to go until back-to-school, I am not ready!

donna
Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:21 AM
Captain

We too are having another beautiful day here. Rain storms have been coming in about every evening but the days are wonderful. It has been a busy week around here. DD was in a training class the first 3 days so I had the grandkids off and on during those days. Tuesday was the first day of school for our 5th grader and all went well. She is very happy with all of her teachers so hoping this year goes well for her. Today our little one started kindergarten. Where has the time went? She too is so happy to have the same teacher that big sis had and that a few of her classmates from pre-school are with her.
Today I will be playing catch up in the office. Need to do some checking on air for our cruise in Jan. Just praying I can find something reasonable that won't cost me more than the cruise itself.
Donna, a BEAR! Wow that is scary. Glad you were able to run it back to the woods. Stay safe.
Everyone have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

I'm back in Florida after spending a few days in Connecticut. We had some issues to handle up there regarding the sale of our house. Hopefully everything will work out.

I wish you all a nice day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:13 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

Ok parents of grown kids how did you handle you child taking the car by himself for the first time? D/S will be taking the truck to go to the show with his friend tomorrow night, it's the first time without hubby or I with him and I'm a nervouse wreck. I was thinking he would just ease into going by himself like running to get milk or other short drives durning the day not going out on a Friday night ...ugh

The only thing on my agenda today is cleaning house.

Have a great day!

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........

Suppose to be low 80's again today......I'll take it........

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone. It is hot here, and I am sick of it. I can't wait to open the windows.

Donna, Have you every seen a bear around there? Did you have to report him, so he might be relocated?

Aero, The first time is scary, but you will soon get use to it. Just say a little prayer.

Manuel, Welcome home. I know you will be glad to get all the stuff on the old house settled. Was it difficult to part with it?

I really don't have any plans for today. Jim still has my car, so I will be close to home.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Hello from stormville.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:57 AM
First Mate

Hello all, a warm, possibly stormy, day in NW Ohio. Pretty much doing same old, same old! Wedding this weekend and DH working 12 both days, ugh~!

RD - watch out for the bears, there have been several bear attacks in the US lately

TravelgalSue - gotta love the start of school, glad kids are happy

Manuel - welcome back

Aerogirl - gotta just let go and like Luanne said - say a prayer, I'm surprised he has not gone on his own yet; I think my girls left on their own the SAME DAY they got their license!!

LS80, Luanne, LakersFan and all the rest - have a great day!
Old August 22nd, 2013, 12:51 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haimia View Post
Hello all, a warm, possibly stormy, day in NW Ohio. Pretty much doing same old, same old! Wedding this weekend and DH working 12 both days, ugh~!

RD - watch out for the bears, there have been several bear attacks in the US lately

TravelgalSue - gotta love the start of school, glad kids are happy

Manuel - welcome back

Aerogirl - gotta just let go and like Luanne said - say a prayer, I'm surprised he has not gone on his own yet; I think my girls left on their own the SAME DAY they got their license!!

LS80, Luanne, LakersFan and all the rest - have a great day!
He seems to be not real interested in going out on his own I'm thinking he's just nervous and that's why I would of liked him to start out running short errands for me just to build his confidence . He's our only one and I know we have hung on a little tight but he does need to get out there and yes the prayers have started.

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old August 22nd, 2013, 01:15 PM
Admiral

Default Hello Thursday

Good morning. 'Nother hot one.

I have to go to the DMV and get a driver's manual. Would like to take the test before Keith has his knee surgery. Jury duty next week, too . . .

There have been a lot of bear sightings here, too, some funny, some not so. We live near a county game reserve, so we get a lot of critters, but nothing like that.

Have a good day, people.

Judy
Old August 22nd, 2013, 02:26 PM
Admiral

Every day that I wake up has the potential of being a great day .

43 days till I am heading for Canada
Old August 22nd, 2013, 06:46 PM
Familiar Face

Oh wow! Bears can be very scary but they certainly are very beautiful. We had a bear attack a 12 year old little girl over in these parts. Very sad story, but the little girl is fine and I think she enjoys telling her story now that its all said and done.