Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning, Last One in August

Morning Mates, I can't believe we are entering the last week of August. Where did the summer go?
It has been decidedly cooler around here lately, still warm and sunny during the day, but definitely a chill in the air, especially at night. Might as well enjoy it while we can, because we know what's coming....

Yesterday we got an awful lot of work done in the garage, and 4 long tables set up for the yard sale next week. It was exhausting, but gratifying, and if that stuff doesn't sell, it is NOT going back in the garage!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

donna
Old August 25th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I'm feeling quite human today. I got a good nine hours of shuteye and woke up feeling good.

It is going to be a hot one today with a high of 96. It is already 80 outside with a dewpoint of 72. Yuck. This weather is forecast for the rest of the week with no rain in sight. We are in a drought and the lawns are all going dormant and brown. It's been this same weather pattern for the last three years. Lots of rain in the Spring and through June and then sometime in July the tap shuts off. Not a good thing.

I really don't want to run around in the heat today so I'll see what cool activities I can come up with. I've had enough of laying around so I may actually take Betty up on attacking the basement. Gee: I must still be delirious from fever.

Donna: Have fun with the garage sale. To get you in the mood I'll just say: "Will you take a quarter for that?"

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 25th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A glorious end of summer day here. The tourism bureau is happy! Today we'll be celebrating my oldest son, Michael's birthday. That he is 43 is mindblowing! In two weeks, my son Jonathan, and Nikki, celebrate their same day birthday. This is the first year Nikki, won't be here,so that will be hard. Lucy & Aiden start school tomorrow too, so I am just in a missing kind of mood.....

Tuesday I will be going into work for the last time to pick up all my baubles....My boss said my pieces are selling quickly, albeit, at a discount, but gone is good. He has to be gone by a week from today, and I can't think how all that is going to happen! He intimated to me that there might be a light at the end of the tunnel somewhere, so, I will get the skinny on Tuesday...

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 25th, 2013, 09:20 AM
First Mate

I have just closed all the windows and turned the A/C on as we are in for a couple of really hot days. Summer is coming to an end and I heard a meteorologist saying that we already have 2 hours less daylight, each day, than we had back on the first day of summer. Yes, fall is coming.
Old August 25th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from Hot Texas. WE are climbing back up in the 100's this week. I sure hope we get through Sept. like we did the rest of the summer. We are planning a new trip, and it will be much cooler there.

Speaking of trips. This next one is someplace I have never been, so it would be a check mark for my bucket list. The problem is we didn't have enough money for me to go this time. Until, Last night when the mail came, and inside was a check from our old mortgage company saying the new one had over paid. It is a little more than what my airline ticket would be.

This week my new dish washer should be here. Our old one went out weeks ago, and although I am not to good to wash dishes by hand, it sure makes me appreciate a machine doing it for me.

AS most of you know, we had a trial here in town the last couple of weeks. Last night there was an alert on FB saying there would be trouble at three local restaurants. The local P.D. investigated, and found nothing. Sure will be glad when someone gets a one way ticket out of here.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 25th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

Yes it's going to be a hot week ahead of us just in time for D/S return to school thank goodness it has air conditioning, this is the first time the kids are starting before Labor Day.

Donna ...your so right where did summer go.

Trip..Birthday wishes to Michael . It's very sad to see all the small mom & pop businesses closing, it's what built our country, welcome to corporate America

Mike ...glad to hear your feeling better.

Luanne... D/S did fine taking the truck out for the first time by himself, I was surprisingly calm.

Have a blessed day mates!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old August 25th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning!! It is very cool here in Lakeland this morning. Cloudy and breezy I have been here by the pool all morning but have not got wet. Maybe later.
Luanne, I guess you were meant to go on your trip. I am happy for you.
RD I remember how much I dreaded going into September when I lived in NH. I know after being here so long I could never go up there to live again. I am happy to be in the warmth come December and January.
Have a great day everyone.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 25th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Phew, summer is not over yet! Worked outside all morning trimming day lilies and pulling more weeds, and it is Hot! My thermometer says 30C, which is about 80F.
Maybe it will, be cooler working in the garage this afternoon...

donna
Old August 25th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruznut2 View Post
RD I remember how much I dreaded going into September when I lived in NH. I know after being here so long I could never go up there to live again. I am happy to be in the warmth come December and January.

Laura
I lived in Ct. for 54 years and I never liked those long winters.
Now that we live in Florida, I really enjoy the winter.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old August 25th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Captain

It is a beautiful but warm day here! Was a busy morning at the computer as I got an offer I could not refuse and now have a 5 day cruise booked for Sept. 11th. It was short notice but D/H and I decided that since it was in a time frame where we could go we'd better do it as we both need a little R&R. We will be driving to Charleston, SC a few days early to do some site seeing. I'm sure a stop in Charlotte to visit the NASCAR Hall of Fame will happen too.
Have any of you cruised from Charleston? Just wondering what the parking is like there. Guess I'll do some research on it.

Everyone have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 25th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Admiral

Here's to the "dog days of summer". Rob and I had one of our granddaughters here all week so there was little time to go on the computer. This granddaughter is "an indoor" girl and didn't want to go to the pool. We finally prodded her to go on a Spirit of Norfolk luncheon cruise so she could get out in the fresh air. Forget the cruise, she loved the "mac and cheese" served in the buffet! Rob and I are headed up to Maryland for Labor Day Weekend and also to celebrate Rosh Hashonah with the children, grandchildren and in-laws. Make it a great day, fellow cruisemates!
Old August 25th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Admiral

travelgalSue, we cruise from Charleston and went up the day before and stayed at a place in Mount Pleasant that allowed us to leave out car there while we cruised. It also came with the ride to and from the port. The parking at the port is in warehouses. You pull up to an outside pre-check-in and leave your luggage. Then you ride a bus to the actual terminal. I will see if I can find the name of the place we stayed at and email it to you.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014