Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday, Hump Day

Morning Mates, how is everyone this WednesdayÉ
Oh dear, Iève got the French infection back on my keyboard again. Earlier I dropped a great big glob of grape jelly on the keyboard, and in trying to clean it off, I guess I hit something I shouldnèt have, and now itès stuck on French again...

Another lovely looking day out there, although thunder showers are in the forecast later. More weed pulling for me, then mulch spreading, and later this afternoon I have a shift at the Ship Hector. Tonight we are meeting up with friends to attend the last Sounds of Summer show at the local theatre. Every week during July and August they showcase local talent, singers, fiddlers, guitarists, harpists, Highland Dancers, a good old fashioned Ceilidh (pronounced kay-lee) or Kitchen Party. always entertaining and a whole lot of fun.

donna
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Donna

Cloudy and a little cooler today a high of 85.

I just realizes I'm at the 100 day mark for my upcoming cruise...final payment due soon!!!!!

Going for some blood work today to see if my liver enzymes have gone down, they think they were up due to my gallbladder surgery or my cholesterol meds .

The new basement stove and refrigerator came yesterday their replacement from our flood this spring.

Not much else shanking here, hope everyone has a great day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. It's going to be another hot one here. I'll stay inside as much as possible after walking the dog. I have chores, as usual. Mom wants me to trim her nails for her. That may be an adventure. I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It is going to be another hot one today. It is a couple of degrees cooler than this time yesterday but even more humid. It is going to be another 95+ degree day here.

Well, the boat plans were scrubbed. I had everything ready and waiting for Betty to get home when the brain went on vacation. So that idea was shot to hell. The grandkids were so great. They took good care of grandpa until grandma got home.

We can't do the boat today but it is a "definite" for tomorrow. Today, Betty and my daughter will be heading over to AAA to get their International Driving Permits. This is the only day my granddaughter can do it. After that we will hit a movie and then off to my granddaughter's sixth grade orientation. Grandma and my daughter are going and grandpa will be in charge of my grandson.

Robin: Congrats on going into double digits on your countdown. I hope the enzymes are where they should be. I had a CT scan of my liver and they thought they saw tumors. It turned out to be liver and onions. (bad joke)

Donna: I hope your bi-lingual keyboard turns back to English.

To all: Have a great day!!!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 28th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

80's for today..........& muggy......which is weird for us.......

Mike.....loved your joke..........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old August 28th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a getting warmer Texas. We will be back in the 100's by tomorrow. We had a great day yesterday with the weather. it was warm, but not as much, and actually felt good.

Yesterday, I finally got someone t pick up the tree limbs that the power company left. They had dried out, and left not only a mess, but a fire hazard.

Today will be the usual day, but tomorrow, I look forward to the delivery of my new dishwasher. I hoe it is a long time before I have to wash another dish.. Yes, I am spoiled.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 28th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Good morning everyone:

Robin: Congrats on going into double digits on your countdown. I hope the enzymes are where they should be. I had a CT scan of my liver and they thought they saw tumors. It turned out to be liver and onions. (bad joke)

Take care,
Mike
Thanks Mike ! When we booked we were at 308 days away and it seemed so far away but here we are!!!

I'm sure they will be back to normal .

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old August 28th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Hump Day

Good morning. A hot one here, too, in the triple digits. Bad for the firemen. We had a fire quite close to us yesterday, but it was contained, thank heaven. Keith just left for Riverside where it's even hotter than here.

I plan to stay inside, do some housework and maybe start a new book. I don't have to report to court today.

Have a good day.

Judy
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Admiral

Good evening from Virginia Beach. While Rob was doing his Wednesday volunteering in the emergency room at Sentara Princess Anne Hospital, I went out to lunch with a girlfriend. Then, I had to prepare four noodle kugels for Rosh Hashana; two regular and two gluten fee. (my son-in-law and his son both have celiac). Now I am finishing up with the laundry. We are leaving on Friday for Labor Day Weekend and we'll stay on for the rest of the week for Rosh Hashana and to help watch one set of grandkids. Hope that all of my fellow cruisemates have a healthy and safe Labor Day Weekend.