12 best travel Songs of all time
12 best travel songs of all time - CNN.com
12. Peter, Paul and Mary: 'Leaving on a Jet Plane'
11. I Nine: 'Same in Any Language' (2005)
10. Gene Pitney: '24 Hours from Tulsa' (1963)
9. Iggy Pop: 'The Passenger' (1977)
8. M.I.A.: 'Paper Planes' (2008)
7. The Go-Go's: 'Vacation' (1982)
6. Simon and Garfunkel: 'Homeward Bound' (1966)
5. Hoodoo Gurus: '1,000 Miles Away' (1991)
4. Bob Dylan: 'Tangled Up in Blue' (1975)
3. Willie Nelson: 'On the Road Again' (1980)
2. Bruce Springsteen: 'Born to Run' (1975)
1. Steppenwolf: 'Born to be Wild' (1968)
Summer Holiday by Cliff Richard (?).
Play in the Sun/we're on Vacation - Handy Manny :p
Let's Get it Started by the Black Eyed Peas- is our personal favourite for playing in the car when we depart on a holiday
Cruising - Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
Fantastic Voyage - Lakeside
Dance To The Music - Sly and the Family Stone
Ride - Boney James
Celebration - Kool and the Gang
Missing in Venice - Rick Braun
Floatin - Charlie Wilson
All Night Long - Lionel Richie
The Butt - Marcus Miller
Runnin Away - Frankie Beverly & Maze
Bustin Loose - Chuck Brown
Can you define what is meant by "travel songs?"
Is it songs about travel, or songs to travel by? Seems like it would make a difference.
I guess I could look it up on CNN for that matter.....still would be interested.
OK, answered my own question by clicking on the link.
I would like to offer the following as well:
Theme from Rt. 66 - Nelson Riddle
Wabash Cannonball - Roy Acuff and others; any number of other train related songs
You Belong to me - Jo Stafford and later the Duprees ("see the pyramids...)
Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffet; I just put this here because everytime I hear it I am transported to a pool deck where a pool band is playing that song....
I am sure we will see a ton of others as people see this topic.....
...and one more:
Far Away Places - Bing Crosby and a host of others
Boy, do I have the itch to go...and Friday we will ! One week on the Riviera Maya...I'd name the resort, but am not sure it's allowable.
I Would Walk 500 Miles by the Proclaimers
Not a bad list, but got to say I'm partial to Springsteen anyway. I know it isn't travel, but I've always loved Bobby Darin's Beyond the Sea. I think it became one of my favorites as a teen and always made me think about cruises.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 AM.|