Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 11th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Default I Almost Slept Through WEDNESDAY!

Morning Mates, boy did I sleep well last night, and most of this morning! Good thing I didn't have to be anywhere early today.

It is dull dull dull, but warm and humid (strange) with reports of a little bit of Tropical Storm Gabrielle on her way by tomorrow. I am just glad I have finally finished all the weeding and mulching so I don't have to be in the garden today. Every muscle in my body aches....

Mike, how are you doing in Bachelor Town?

Edited to add: it just dawned on me what the date was. Sept. 11. I must apologize for not recognizing that. I always think of Doug and his stories on this date, and of so many American and Canadian families touched by this tragedy. Remembering all of you today.....

donna
Old September 11th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

It sure is a day to reflect on what happened on 9/11/2001.

We have to go on but it's hard to understand why such things have to happen.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old September 11th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I awoke this morning covered in Chinese take out boxes, gluten free beer bottles and a female next to me in bed.

Only the last part of that was true. I did wake with a female next to me in bed but it was my son's dog, Mocha. My son and his girlfriend had to attend a funeral in Iowa so he dropped her off last night. He'll pick her up tomorrow.

I've had a couple of busy days. I had business to take care of in Duluth so my great-niece and I did an overnight there on Monday. I didn't get home until late yesterday afternoon. She loved walking the Canal Park area and also loved driving up the North Shore and walking around Gooseberry Park. We even climbed one of the cliffs and I showed her where her grandfather almost went over the edge in his younger, and wilder, days. She couldn't believe he would have ever been that way. Oooops! Uncle Mikey let the cat out of the bag. She leaves for Northwestern in a few days so it was a nice getaway for her and I wrapped up some things that should have been done months ago.

My sister arrives today and will be here for almost two weeks. She will be accompanied by her husband and my two furry nieces. Three dogs at once should be fun. I guess I'll put a new bag in the vacuum.

Betty is having a great time and today she is in Antwerp. Yesterday they toured Edam. The weather hasn't been cooperating and they've had a lot of heavy rain. Hopefully things will change after today. Tomorrow they will be in Paris.

Well, I better get my rear in gear and make up the bed for my sister. That should take about five minutes out of my day.

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday and wonderful rest of the week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 11th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

Another hot day here and maybe some rain.

Have my doctor appointment today to discuss the liver ultrasound and see what the next step will be and too see if it safe to make my final payment for my cruise

Mike your a hoot I tell you!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old September 11th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Colorado Springs, where it is cool, and rainy. We are both loving this weather. The locals have sweat shirts on, and Jim and I are enjoying the cool with our summer clothes.

We are also remembering 12 year ago, and 1 year ago. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families as we walk with them.

Jim heard last night that Pikes Peak might be closed for part of this week, as they are using it to film the latest "Fast and Furious " movie. We were hoping to drive up this weekend.

Not much going on today. I do a little cleaning around the room, and will probably wash a few clothes, but other than that, I am free to do what I want. Yesterday I finished one book, and got half way through another.

I hope that all of you have a good day. Be safe

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 11th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Default I almost Slept through Wednesday

Good morning. We had a nice day yesterday, one more today and then the heat comes back.

Not much to report, so won't bore you any more.

Have a nice day.

Judy