CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   T G I Friday! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/398765-t-g-i-friday.html)

rollerdonna September 13th, 2013 08:02 AM

T G I Friday!

Morning Mates, we are presently experiencing the "calm before the storm". All reports are promising a hit by Tropical Storm Gabrielle later today, but upwards of 50-70mm of rainfall throughout the day. Right now, it is just dull...and windy.

It is off to aquafitness this morning, followed by work this afternoon. Probably no outdoor play, which makes for a difficult afternoon, but I will survive...

donna

Aerogirl September 13th, 2013 11:30 AM

Good Morning

Donna stay in and stay safe!

Brrrrr it's chilly this morning, I needed to put some socks on.

Not sure what to do today its between going to the New Balance store for new shoes or put up my fall decor.

Wishing all my mates a happy and blessed weekend.

Luanne Russo September 13th, 2013 11:52 AM

Good morning from Downtown Colorado Springs. We spent last night watching the local news reports. There were evacuations all around us, and since we don't know the area that well, Jim was on the computer looking up the areas, as I watched the TV for more news.

The local military post where Jim is working received 10 inches in two hours, so he was worried about his equipment, and how he would get to work this morning. We are on the third floor, so we were never really worried about us, but we were worried about the truck parked in the parking lot.

This morning it is still raining, but Jim was able to get to work. I ask that all please keep these people in your thoughts and prayers. They have a lot to do to get back on their feet.

Today I am going to do a few things around the room, and then get back to reading. I am on my third book, since Monday, so I am on a roll.:D

Take care all.

Luanne

Mike M September 13th, 2013 12:05 PM

Good morning all:

Today is a "take it easy" day around here. My sister is off getting her hair done, my BIL is watching some cowboy movie and the dogs are sleeping at my feet. Too bad I'll have to wake them up in about five minutes when I get out of this chair.

Betty is having a great time in Paris. Her and my daughter took the stairs up, as far as you can, to the top of the Eifel tower. I guess it was over 600 steps and she loved the view. They also walked the Champs D Elysee (Wow, I spelled it right on the first try) and saw the Arch D Triomphe. Today, it's The Louvre. The hotel they have doesn't have very good Internet so I've only had a couple of messages from her. They are "winging" it across France and Germany and I guess the hotel they got in Paris is pretty nice for $260/night. Betty said it's convenient to the Metro and they have a full two room suite. Betty had to sleep on the sofa but she said it was comfortable.

I hope everyone has a great day. Stay dry Donna.

Take care,
Mike

Manuel September 13th, 2013 02:02 PM

Good afternoon from Sunny Florida.

Donna stay safe and dry.

I had a busy morning as usual, now it's going to be a take it easy afternoon and taking out the DW for dinner evening.

TM

Aerogirl September 13th, 2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luanne Russo (Post 1484518)
Good morning from Downtown Colorado Springs. We spent last night watching the local news reports.

Luanne

Oh my gosh Luanne I forgot you there. Watching the footage on it I can't believe the flooding.
Please stay safe!

Cruznut2 September 13th, 2013 05:50 PM

Checking in late today. Hope you are all well and good. Luanne, I saw your post on FB and sending prayers for you both.
Is it my imagination or has Todd been absent again?
I do not get here as much as I used to so I am not up on the news as I once was. I need to get here more often.

Laura

Luanne Russo September 13th, 2013 06:33 PM

Thank you Laura. We are fine, and never was in danger.

Todd is doing well. He stopped posting for awhile, but he sends his love.