Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 16th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Admiral

Default Single Friends

After a dinner out with a large group of married with children friends and acquaintances I have to say how much I love my two girlfriends who are single and without kids also known as my to cruise partners.

I must be different then most because the only conversation the whole evening was about kids. How can so many intelligent women some who work some are stay home moms have nothing else to talk about. Don't get me wrong my son is the light of my life and my insides but there's so much more to me then a wife and mother. There should be a limit on how much time you can talk about the kids on a girls night out

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
After a dinner out with a large group of married with children friends and acquaintances I have to say how much I love my two girlfriends who are single and without kids also known as my to cruise partners.

I must be different then most because the only conversation the whole evening was about kids. How can so many intelligent women some who work some are stay home moms have nothing else to talk about. Don't get me wrong my son is the light of my life and my insides but there's so much more to me then a wife and mother. There should be a limit on how much time you can talk about the kids on a girls night out
Amen!!!! I love my friends but for goodness sake, please limit talk about the kiddies or grandkids to a few minutes. You are MORE than that! You have opinions and experiences to share...just like we do. You are more than just a mom or grandmom. Balance is the rule in life.
Old September 17th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Happy to see others feel the same way, I started thinking I was missing something.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old September 17th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I went through many years of that. My husband and I never had children together. All of our friends did. I always sat quietly while the other ladies discussed diapers and formula. I always felt left out.
Now that I am older and single I have tried to form groups for single seniors. I always get a large response but when I build them a forum to go to and get to know one another they never show up. My idea was to get to know one another in a forum as we have here. Perhaps friendships would happen and people would be able to room together on cruises.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old September 17th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Admiral

Robin, wish you lived here! I could use a girlfriend like you.

Love my kiddos more than life itself, but yes, I am a person outside of being a wife and mother.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991