Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 21st, 2013, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Default Busy Saturday

Morning Mates, I'm off on another busy weekend, starting with a bake sale this morning, a bus tour and a shift at Ship Hector, making dinner for tonight and tomorrow, and cleaning my house because I have other plans for Sunday. My 2 friends And I are doing a road trip to Halifax to check out the new Target store (never been to one), then Costco, then the mall, lunch, and whatever other trouble we can get into. Phew, I'm going to need another day off to recover from my weekend again.

donna

Last edited by rollerdonna; September 21st, 2013 at 05:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2013, 09:23 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Wow!!! A trip to Target. Donna be prepared to be underwhelmed.

Target is a fine store and its home is right here in Minneapolis. I grew up with Target stores so it is interesting to know that someone is excited about going. Target started as something similar to K Mart and has now evolved into an upscale Wal-Mart. I bet it is similar to my excitement when Costco opened in the Minneapolis area.

It's a busy day for me today. Once it warms up a bit I will winterize the boat.
Then some trimming of bushes. Then it's a trip to Costco to return some Tommy Hilfigger sweaters. I rarely buy clothes at Costco because you can't try them on. The sweaters fit fine in the body but were too short.

I love having my sister and brother-in-law here but it is taking up a lot of time that I need to get things done. Too much playing and not enough working. Oh well, I still have another five days and they leave tomorrow.

Donna: I hope you have a safe journey and find a lot of fine quality products at discount prices.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 21st, 2013, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Morning Donna and the rest of my fellow cruisemates. This morning, there was a neighborhood garage sale, in the neighborhood right across from mine, in Virginia Beach. I did pick up a brand new sushi set along with a piece of Rubbermaid for storage. I really was looking for pictures but alas, no such luck. There are always more garage sales to be had. As I am writing this, Rob is putting brackets in the wall of the family room to hang the new television that he ordered on Amazon. (Our television is ten years old and it's a huge monstrosity that took too much room in the family room). We are hoping that one of our neighbors will take it! Hope that all of my fellow cruisemates enjoy their weekend.
Old September 21st, 2013, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

I see everyone is up and adam this morning. I just got jolted out of bed my D/S calling from the ACT test site telling me he needs his school ID or he can't take the test....he needs it in 10 miniutes hubby ran out the door with it but the site is 15 minutes away ...stay tuned!

I love Target when I'm board and have nothing to do, I just stroll around looking at stuff so have fun Donna, I think you will like it.

Mike ...I didn't know Target was around that long, I think we got one here about 25 years ago.....gee that sounds so long ago, it doesn't feel like its been that long!

Have a great day mates!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old September 21st, 2013, 05:51 PM
Admiral

Now it's almost time to say good evening.

We had a busy day as well, since it started out in Nashville, Tennessee and ended in Palm Coast, Florida.

We had a great time visiting relatives in Tennessee and Kentucky and did some sight seeing as well.

Now we will be home for about a month before our next trip.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015