Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 23rd, 2013, 05:49 AM
Admiral

Default Early Monday

Good morning Mates

I wish you all a great Monday and a pleasant week.

Since I'm up and not sleepy I decided to get things started.

The highlight of of our day is to get a blood test and then go and have a nice breakfast.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2013, 07:11 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning Manuel and everyone to follow.

I too was awake early. I just awoke at 3:30 a.m. and could not go back to sleep. I added the Global Data Plan to my phone in preparation of my upcoming trip to England. If you are a Verizon customer and don't want a "surprise" bill after your cruise, I strongly advise you to get this plan. It is $29 for 100MB of data and when you use 100MB it will automatically add another 100MB for $25. It's a lot cheaper than paying as you go and it also works on cruise ships but the response is REALLY slow. No 3 or 4G on cruise ships.

My sister, brother-in-law and the two furry nieces will be leaving today. I accomplished a lot yesterday but still have a number of pre-winter things to get done before I leave at the end of the week. I also have a full day class tomorrow so that will cut down on my time.

Manuel: I hope the blood test comes back with good results. Enjoy your breakfast.

To all: Have a great Monday and make this the best week of the year.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 23rd, 2013, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Morning M&M (Mike and Manuel), I'm glad it was not me up so early this morning. I am so pooped from yesterday's shopping trip!
Mike you were right about being underwhelmed by the new Target store, I was not that impressed, and found it expensive, although I would find anything expensive these days... Anyway, we hit Target early, then Wal Mart, then lunch, followed by Costco, and a quick trip back to Target. We loaded up my friends' SUV pretty full, and I was happy to have found comfortable shoes and a new fall jacket/raincoat, which I am going to need today because it is POURING.
It will be an indoor day today at work, I guess we will go to the gym and do crafts and games in the cafeteria. Have a good day all!

donna
Old September 23rd, 2013, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning!! Off and on rain this morning in Lakeland. No plans for the day as yet. Donna, I am happy to hear that you had a good time shopping. I will have to check out the local Target.
Time to go and get myself together. Have a fabulous day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old September 23rd, 2013, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Fall is setting in.......cool this morning.....only 60's........the whole week the weather heads say.........

Mike......have a great week & get all ya need to get done.......

Manuel........sure things will come out ok........enjoy your breakfast.......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old September 23rd, 2013, 10:07 AM
Captain

It was a rough weekend for us. The neighborhood dog, which lived with us most of the time, crossed over the rainbow bridge Sat. He was a Lab/Rotwiller mix and a big loving dog. He really belonged to the aunt of our neighbor but was unable to keep him at her house. Her nephew who has the farm next to us took him 11 yrs ago. He kinda moved in with us about 5 yrs ago and stayed. He started having health issues about 6 months ago and just went downhill from there. My granddaughters will miss him as he loved playing with them when they came to our house. We are now down to one dog and I think when his time comes we will not have anymore pets. It is just to hard to let them go. Time will tell.
Hope everyone has a good day and week.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 23rd, 2013, 12:37 PM
Admiral

Default Early Monday

Good morning. At 1:30 this morning, we returned from a four-day trip to Minnesota, land of triple glazed windows. The trees there are just beginning to turn yellow. Fall is coming to Minnesota.

We went there to celebrate my mother's 97th birthday. She has dementia. It is very difficult to watch a parent fail, you know?

I am sorry to say that it was one of the worst trips Keith and I have been on for many reasons. Very grueling, very tense, including the flight home. We were diverted from Denver because of weather. We circled their airport so long, we ran out of gas! We had to go to Omaha, get fuel and then fly back to Denver, then on to CA! First time I ever had to get gas for an airplane!

Lots to do today, so I'd better have a cuppa and get started.

Judy

Old September 23rd, 2013, 06:23 PM
Admiral

Travelgalsue, my condolences on the loss of "not your dog". Obviously you and your family were very attached to him, and I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet.

Judy, I am sorry you trip to Minnesota was not enjoyable. Maybe you need a cruise to make up for it?

Donna