Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 4th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Admiral

Default Doublecheck your cruise documents!!!

Rob and I got our cruise documents today, and Rob, like always, double checked them; there was a discrepancy in the cabin number. Since the mail was late (we are at the end of the route), Rob sent an email to our travel agent. If she does not respond by Monday, he will call her directly. Sometimes, the home office of a cruise line does not check the documents that are sent to their customers and also, sometimes an agent doesn't check this before mailing it out!
Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Did you by chance get an upgrade that you were not told about? I would go online and check all your info on the cruiseline web-site...They will list you cabin number there as well.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 4th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Admiral

Donna, as a matter of fact, we did get an upgrade. About a month ago, due to the fire on Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas, they had advertized the same price for both inside and outside cabins as an incentive to increase bookings, since bookings were down due to the fire. The other couple that we are going with on this cruise, happened to notice this and called us immediately. Meanwhile, since this couple had booked an outside cabin, they had gotten a small refund. I'm sure that this discrepancy will be taken care of but it is sad when the home office of the cruise line and your travel agent doesn't double check the documents.
Old October 4th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Admiral

I guess the thing that surprises me is that some people still get their tickets in the mail.

I haven't gotten anything in the mail (except for endless ads) from a cruise line or agent for years, do it all online. I sorta thought this was the norm these days, and that the lines had pretty much all gone to e-delivery.

Guess not.

Can you still get paper plane tickets too?
Old October 4th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Admiral

Rob and I have booked cruises online, or booking while on a cruise and having the booking transferred to our travel agent. I have found that dealing with an agent can "get the kinks out your booking experience". For example, when we noticed that due to the fire on Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas, they were offering a free upgrade from an inside cabin to and outside cabin, our travel agent called Royal Caribbean directly to handle this. Some travel agents have "a lot of clout" with different cruise lines. I have found that if you continuously use the same travel agent, they will work harder for you.(these agents all hope to have repeat business from customers).
Old October 5th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Oh, I've got nothing against agents. We use an agent too. The rebates, "free tips," upgrades and all the rest are nice. But we still don't get anything in the mail. All the "paperwork" is done online.

I just thought that was the norm these days.
Old October 5th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Admiral

I also use a travel agent and get only electronic documents. I thought the paper ones had gone the way of the dinosaur long ago!