Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Admiral

Default Cruising To A Different Rhythm!!!

I still very much enjoy the posts on this board from cruisers who are in the countdown phase (less then 30 days) of their very first cruise...most "sound" confident that they are prepared, but there is still the element of the "unknown" that is both exciting and scary at the same time...they rely on the "experienced cruisers" of this and other boards to give them real world advise to counter the cruise line marketing pitch
I always enjoy meeting cruisers, who's first cruise is the full charter music theme cruise at the night before pre cruise kickoff party...Capital Jazz (like most private promoters) maintains a FaceBook page and Twitter account that they communicate with their guests, which is very helpful for their first time cruiser because Capital Jazz know the rhythm of their cruise is very different from a regular cruise..the only common experience between the two is the safety drill and security proceedures and getting off the ship at the end of the cruise
Since very few of the regular cruisers (exception Paul) have ever been on a full charter theme cruise...my question to everyone is did you ever respond to a post on this board, by a first time cruiser, with advise that you wish you hadn't given or would take back?
Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I just wrote up a story about a really good comedy cruise - one of the best lineups I have ever seen with some well-known TV & Movie stars - speaking of theme cruises.

2014 Comedy Cruise

I am guessing this will attract a lot of first time cruisers.

Right now there are fewer first-timers than in history (due to recent bad publicity of cruising) - but prices are good and I recommend first timers should go now.

Inside cabins are real bargains right now - more disparity in pricing than I am used to seeing.
Old October 17th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Quote:
my question to everyone is did you ever respond to a post on this board, by a first time cruiser, with advise that you wish you hadn't given or would take back?
With all the advice I have given over the years I am sure I have messed up at some point, but right now I can't think of anything specific I have wanted to "take back."