Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 6th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default Wed November 6th Good Morning

Good morning everyone from a rainy, Texas. We are presently at our high temp for today. We have a cold front coming through. Of course, it doesn't mean the same here, as where you are.

I have to have blood work done this morning, and can't eat until afterwards, so of course I am hungry. I normally wouldn't at this early, but there is something about telling you that you can't, that makes you want to.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Going to be close to 60 today....ahhhh, vundebar!! Will be running around doing errands and food shopping. Back to doing it alone, since Bruce cannot lift the bags for a while. He went back to work yesterday, after getting good marks from his post op consultation..The x-rays of his neck look like I beaded a bracelet...the rods and pins.

Tonight is our last Diva Dinner for the year...well pick up again next spring.....been fun planning, and, seeing people reconnnect, and chat about the old" days.

Thinking good thoughts for Donna & James...Hope they get good results in St Maarten for James,who is not feeling well.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 6th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

It's been an interesting couple of days. While I was in England I had a few bouts of heart fibrillation. I made an appointment with the cardiologist while I was there. On Monday morning, they called and asked if I could send in a remote scan of my pacemaker. I did that and they called back about 30 minutes later and asked if I could come in at noon. The pacemaker scan had recorded six episodes of ventricular fibrillation but each was less than 30 seconds in duration. I went in and they did "the world's longest echocardiogram" and saw that the wall (septum) between the right and left ventricle had increased in size by 50% and my ejection fraction was 20 points below what it was a year ago. Uh oh!. Well, yesterday I had a full nuclear cardiac stress test and guess what? All looked good. EF was the same, septum looked almost the same and absolutely no sign of a blockage. Interesting. It is always unnerving when two fairly accurate test show two different results. I wonder if the Echo tech just screwed up. My doctor supervised the nuclear testing, and is head of nuclear cardiology at the U, so I have bit more faith in the accuracy.

I will have one more test on Tuesday to see if the paracardium (lining around the heart) has become rigid. That could explain the issues and the V-Fib. I had a VERY bad bout of paracarditis a couple of years ago and it is common for the paracardium to lose its elasticity after awhile. We'll see. The bad part is that I still haven't been cleared for deer hunting so that has been cancelled for this weekend. My nephew will be using one of my rifles. The only requirement to loaning him the rifle was that I get some meat if he bags a deer.

I do need to lose weight, lower my salt intake and up my potassium. Personally, I think it is all related to low potassium levels while I was away. Also, it's hard to be gluten free and low sodium when eating out in England. That gamon is a killer.

Sorry to hear about James. Having health problems on vacation really puts a damper on things. I hope he gets everything taken care of and they can try again.

I hope all have a great Wednesday and a great upcoming weekend.

Now it's off to Wally-World and see if they got my new glasses right.

Take care,
Mike

Upcoming Cruise(s) Carnival Liberty: May 31, 2014. The Anniversary Getaway.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 6th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

A bit of fog this morning........but not bad.....

Mike.......sorry to hear that you don't get to go hunting........

Trip......enjoy the last suppah.........

Luanne............I know what ya mean about being hungry when ya can't have food.........

Musta missed about Donna & James?????

Y'all have a good day..........

Sharon
Old November 6th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Just arrived home. What happened to James? Trip, could you give us the low down?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 6th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Captain

Luanne, Donna has posted on facebook that James is ill started with flu like problems. If you look on facebook you can get the full details. I just know they are taking him to a hospital in St. Marteen for testing. Hope this helps

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 6th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Sue................I don't have Facebook.......

Sharon
Old November 6th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday November 6th Good Morning

Good morning. I just talked to Keith. He sounds much better today. Yesterday was rough on all three of us, but especially Keith. The surgery went well but after the initial pain meds wore off, he was in incredible pain. They put in on morphine and heaven knows what else. Today he is on some sort of machine that really helped, and he sounded like his old self this morning.

I have a sinus infection and was told not to go to the hospital to see him, so we chat on the phone.
He said he had a monsterous breakfast!

I hope James gets well. Both Keith and I have been sick on cruises, and it surely does spoil the trip.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Judy
Old November 6th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgalSue View Post
Luanne, Donna has posted on facebook that James is ill started with flu like problems. If you look on facebook you can get the full details. I just know they are taking him to a hospital in St. Marteen for testing. Hope this helps
Can't see her posts as we are not FB friends so if you or Trip can keep me updated that would be great. Fingers crossed .

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old November 6th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

James has the flu, and was confined to their cabin..then he went to the doctor, with something, possibly cellulitis...they were going to see the Dr. in St Maarten today....have not seen a post since last night,..praying for the best results.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; November 6th, 2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old November 6th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
James has the flu, and was confuned to their cabin..then he went to the doctor, with something, possibly cellulitis...they were going to see the Dr. in St Maarten today....have not seen a post since last night,..praying for the best results.
Ok thanks Linda, please keep me up to date. I feel so bad for them I know how excited they were for this trip.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old November 7th, 2013, 02:39 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default From Donna's last FB posting:

Update on the patient: slightly improved today, white cell count down but not normal, appetite better, continued IV antibiotics and blood thinner injection every 12 hours. Bed rest, elevated leg, watch in every movie on cabin tv. I am keeping him fed and watered with repeated trips up to the buffet and back. At least the didn't make him get off the ship...

Seems like they are treating for cellulitis and another infection. Was seen in a hospital in St. Maarten today but allowed to return to the ship.

I hope James feels better soon and that Donna can relax a bit for the remainder of the cruise.
Old November 7th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Lisa.......good to hear.............

Sharon
Old November 7th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Familiar Face

Thanks, Lisa, for posting the update about James and Donna. After being friends with Donna for nearly 48 years, (OMG, has it really been that long? ) I have what you might call a "vested interest" in both her and James. Since internet tends to be expensive on cruiseships, and I'm not on Facebook, I expect to get all the details from her when she gets home. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well and James gets better soon.