CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Monday....Happy Veterans Day (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/399826-monday-happy-veterans-day.html)

Aerogirl November 11th, 2013 10:53 AM

Monday....Happy Veterans Day

Good Morning

A great big THANK YOU to all of our veterans out there, your service and sacrifice to the people of our country will never be forgotten.....thank you & bless you!

Looks like a little snow for us today....oh so not ready for that!

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Luanne Russo November 11th, 2013 11:12 AM

Good morning Robin, and all those to follow. It is a beautiful day here in Texas. The sun is shinning, and not a cloud in the sky. Tomorrow will be a different story. Our high temp will be in the morning, and will drop during the day.

I am trying to hold it together. Yesterday, I found out that my brother was stressed about his future treatment for his cancer. Josh was told he will soon be without a job, because he makes to much. I played the cheer leader as usual.

Jim took a group of wounded warriors out to hunt this morning. He will be gone all day, but what a joy it is that he is able to give someone a few minutes of joy. Anything killed will be donated to our local food bank to feed our soldier families.

I have a series of doctors appointments in the next week. It seems that the grief, and stress has effected my body.

No matter what, I am truly Blessed.

I hope all have a good day.

Luanne

LS80 November 11th, 2013 11:19 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Happy Veterans day........means a lot!!!!!

Weather is cool here.....no rain today but who knows........

Luanne.........I'll be thinking of ya sure all will go fine........

It's Monday..............

Y'all have a good day..........

Sharon

Mike M November 11th, 2013 11:35 AM

Good morning Robin and everyone!

It is a cold one this morning. 15 degrees by the thermometer on the back deck. The funny thing is that my grass is greener than it was in August. :)

We had a nice Friday night and Saturday with the grandkids and yesterday we did nothing but take a long walk, make beef stew and "binge watch" six episodes of "Boardwalk Empire". We have a lot of stuff still on the DVR that we need to catch up on. We'll probably catch up sometime in April. ;)

I really have nothing on the agenda for today. I can't eat after six tonight and I'll have the test of my pericardium in the morning. It seems strange that after the testing last week, I feel really good.

Betty and I "almost" jumped on a cruise on NCL for next week but things just didn't work out and for the next month there are things that are stopping us from a cruise. For some reason, after Betty's two month European Marathon, she feels like she wants a cruise to truly relax. She said: "Seven days on a ship sounds great. Ten sounds even better." :)

I hope all have a great day and a wonderful week.

I hope Keith is feeling better and James is home and getting taken care of.

Take care,
Mike

rollerdonna November 11th, 2013 12:00 PM

[SIZE="3"]Morning Mates, we are not home yet... Still at the airport, 3 hours early as usual...:roll: The whole process from hotel to gate was quick and easy with wheelchair assistance, less than 30 minutes.
Unfortunately we have a connecting flight in Toronto before we get to Halifax, then a 2 hour drive home...or 1 1/2 hr if I can convince him to go directly to the hospital. I will be driving so he won't have any choice![ I'll keep you posted when I get home, and thanks for all the support.

donna/SIZE]

CruisinK n J November 11th, 2013 12:30 PM

Monday . . .Happy Veteran's Day

Good morning, another warm week ahead of us. It was 84 yesterday.

An update on the wars of knee replacement recovery: Sunday morning, a physical therapist watched Keith get around with a walker and told him he was ready to go home. This morning, I got an early phone call from Keith saying now they want him to stay another day for physical therapy. He is beside himself, and naturally, wants to come home. I may have to talk to the manager.

Donna, I hope you and James have better luck than we are!

Judy

Manuel November 11th, 2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1488966)
A great big THANK YOU to all of our veterans out there, your service and sacrifice to the people of our country will never be forgotten.....thank you & bless you!

!

Thank you Aerogirl. :)

TM