CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Just Booked....must feed cruise addiction (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/399830-just-booked-must-feed-cruise-addiction.html)

Chuck Palm November 11th, 2013 01:24 PM

Just Booked....must feed cruise addiction

We just booked an 8 day cruise on the Carnival Splendor...We have not ever cruised on Carnival previously but the price was right and we will get to be in New York for three days previously. We cruise from NYC to the Bahamas and return.

We paid $445 pp including all fees taxes etc. Plus we got round trip airfare from Mexico City to NYC for $340 again including all fees taxes etc. It will be a bit nippy in NYC.Oh Well!

We are looking at $94 per night at a 4* hotel in Hell[s Kitchen, which is close to the terminal. Now that we are retired we have to watch our pennies so this will have to do as a cruise ship fix.

LS80 November 11th, 2013 01:31 PM

Chuck................enjoy the cruise!!!!

Feeding those addictions are great!!!!

Sharon

Trip November 11th, 2013 02:41 PM

Chuck I was just thinking, the other day, we haven't seen you in a while! It's always nice to have a cruise on the books! I saw those prices for the Splendor...great values to be had!

CruisinK n J November 11th, 2013 05:00 PM

Just Booked . . . Must Feed Cruise Addiction

Great! I just now brought my DH home from a physical rehab facility, so I will say to you, do the cruises now while you can. We'll be stuck for a while.

Judy

Chuck Palm November 11th, 2013 05:16 PM

This is all timely because I was quite ill with an infection in my spine from May until recently, caused by awimming in a poorly maintained pool in Zihuatanejo. I nearly died but lived to tell about it. :) I still have some spinal pain and am limited in mobility but am doing much better weekly. I should be doing pretty well by Jan 28th.

Trip November 11th, 2013 05:22 PM

Best wishes.......

canuckity November 11th, 2013 08:52 PM

We are also cruising on the Splendor but not until late February so it will be great if you could post some of your thoughts of the cruise. $94 for a hotel is a fantastic price. We've booked a hotel near Times Square but it is considerably more money. Like you we are also going to spend 3 nights in Manhattan prior to the cruise. We love NYC!

Fern November 12th, 2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Palm (Post 1489014)
This is all timely because I was quite ill with an infection in my spine from May until recently, caused by awimming in a poorly maintained pool in Zihuatanejo. I nearly died but lived to tell about it. :) I still have some spinal pain and am limited in mobility but am doing much better weekly. I should be doing pretty well by Jan 28th.

Chuck, I'm so sorry you've had to go through this and so happy you are still with us! If you look up Willow Springs Water Park Arkansas Department of Health), Arkansas, you'll find a little girl (13) who went through the same thing. She got the infection from diving into that lake. What's strange is that Willow Spring's has been around for many years. My parent's went there in the 1940's :shock: !

Chuck Palm November 23rd, 2013 01:09 PM

We did in deed book the 4 star hotel through hotwire. A Windham property
came up callled: "Tryp Times Square South." It is very highly rated by Trip Advisor and others. We ended up paying $103 per night which is still an excellent rate for Mid Manhatten and near cruise terminal.:-P

Surfguyxxx1 November 24th, 2013 06:05 AM

Feed the addiction while you can!!! Right now we have 3 bookings after a long spring/summer/fall of chemo and radiation. Judy, I feel your pain!!!!!:D

mehawk November 24th, 2013 08:42 AM

Chuck, enjoy it!