Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 17th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning Fog

Morning Mates, it's Sunday and in addition to the warm temps and fog outdoors, there seems to be fog in my brain as well...

There is so much I need to do today as I will have to go back to work tomorrow, and the patient is still bedridden, so need to prepare for the week.
Still have not finished unpacking, well putting away really....have to get the suitcases back in the garage, all that heavy lifting, plus take down all the fall and Halloween decorations. Putting up the Christmas stuff outside can wait another week or two...
The patient is getting increasingly grumpy and frustrated that he can't do anything to help. He tried to make his breakfast this morning, but after 5 mins. on his feet he was in pain and went back to bed. One day at a time....

donna
Old November 17th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids.
A warm and very gray day here..makes you want to spend the day in bed with a cuppa tea and a good book...sounds good to me!

My granddaughter and her boy friend, are coming over this morning to help clear the final attic things, out of the living room, so we can celebrate Thanksgiving...over the summer I slowly tossed, donated or repurposed whatever I could, but the hard stuff remains...the rug has been shampooed in preperation of the family dinner, which will be minus our 4 kids in NC...makes me sad.

Yesterday, Bruce and a friend's son cleared the approx, 400 million pine needles that call our home, theirs...they visit constantly, and, I hate every one! All summer long we wondered if Bruce would be able to do things luike this again, but, God was good...he drove his tractor like a pro.

So, Donna, your one day at a time, sounds familiar...James will be doing the cha cha before you know it.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 17th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning
We're on storm watch here and from what they say we're in for a whooper of a storm....good thing their usually wrong

My cruise countdown is ticking away, Its getting close

Blessing of good health to our recuperating mates!!!!!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old November 17th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Cold & yucky here........oh well..........

Trip.....glad to hear that Bruce is back to doing things...........

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old November 17th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

I send get well wishes to all our sick Cruisemates.

Everything is OK here. The weather is normal and we are having a busy weekend.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old November 17th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Evening all. I dropped in late tonight. I have been blue and listless all day. just to make it easier I am inserting part of what I put in my forum this morning. "I just opened my messages and read of the murder of the son of a friend of mine. My friend Fran, The first friend I made when I moved here and went to work for Sunrise. We spent that summer of 2007 together in the company van with our clients. Taking them to do their community chores. Fran is from Haiti and spoke Creole so her accent was very heavy. We were the odd couple as friends go. Getting to know one another trying to understand one another. I knew no Creole. She was learning English and we muddled along getting our messages across one way or another. My heart is broken for my friend but I know hers hurts so much more. So please say a prayer for my friend I think she needs God's comfort today".

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain