Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 18th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Default Monday Miserable Monday

Morning Mates, it's a miserable Monday in more ways than one... first, the weather, heavy rain and high winds,, yuck. Worse, I have to go back to work today, 3 weeks off with no income makes it inevitable, even though the patient could use me at home for at least another week.
Hope everyone else who is "under the weather" is doing better?
donna

Last edited by Mike M; November 18th, 2013 at 12:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Weather here is about the same as RD's......rain....wind.....& just plain yuck!

Looks like y'all are sleeping in.......good day for it.......

It's Monday so............

Y'all have a good day..........

Sharon
Old November 18th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

It was a "weird" night for us. My 84 year old uncle, in England, signed up for Skype and we kept getting calls from him online and on our home phone from 2:15 a.m. until 5:00 a.m. I tried to call him but he would not answer on Skype or on his home phone. I did get through to him at 7:00 a.m. and he said he was just "trying it out" but his microphone wasn't working. The calls were every five or ten minutes. I politely told him to "try it out" after 1:00 p.m. his time.

Otherwise it wasn't too big of a weekend. Betty did some heavy duty house cleaning and has the bruises to prove it. She slipped while standing on the bed to clean the ceiling and fell into the night stand. Somehow she straddled the thing when she fell and has two huge bruises on the inside of her thighs. Ouch! How she did that is beyond my pay grade.

Not much on the agenda today. I will help Betty with the kitchen. The cupboards need a good washing with Murphy's soap and the stove and refrigerator need to be pulled out. So I guess I'll have to use manly strength to accomplish it.

I hope all have a wonderful day and a great week.

Donna: Sorry you had to go back to reality. I hope James is soon back to full speed.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 18th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Admiral

Default Monday, Miserable Monday

Good morning from sunny Southern California.

I await the guy from the medical supply company to come and pick up the knee cooler. This afternoon I will take Keith to his first official physical therapy. Now the fun begins: getting him to do at-home exercises.

Donna, what's James' recovery time? Keith's is Jan. or Feb.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old November 18th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Admiral

Sorry about all you problems Donna. Things are bound to get better, I hope soon. It isn't so bad here, 80 and sunny. I may go swimming this afternoon.
Old November 18th, 2013, 01:59 PM
First Mate

Well, it is sunny and to be about 45 degrees F today. Sure beats last night's weather. We were in the basement for a while with the dogs. We were unscathed by the weather. Our two daughters (and their husbands) are out of power but otherwise okay.

The Catholic church (about two miles from our house) was destroyed by a suspected tornado.

This is how the church normally looked.

This is what is left! From what I have seen on the internet, the Holy Family shrine survived, the St. Barbara's statue survived and the votive candles (lit by parishoners for prayer, remembrance, etc.) remained lit after the storm. The tabernacle still needs to be located; it was buried in the rubble. It needs to be found so the Eucharist is not lost. The good news - no deaths or injuries!

The town is tiny, many a couple of hundred of residents, if that many. The area around this town is rural. The area around us has hit-and-miss damages - a shed up in the trees, a machine shed leveled, trees and power lines down, etc. But, again, no deaths or injuries in the area. Truly a blessing.
Please keep this church family in your thoughts.

We attended this church for several years, however, we now belong to a neighboring parish in a nearby town. Our kids went to school in the nearby town and it was just easier to attend church services there. Lots of related activities.

DH had a difficult time getting to work last night as several surrounding roads were closed due to the storm. He did eventually make it to work.

This was too close for comfort for me! Hope we do not see this type of weather again any time soon!

I hope all CM have a good day and a good week.