CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   The Mentalist: Spoiler alert (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/399913-mentalist-spoiler-alert.html)

Moiraine November 18th, 2013 12:26 PM

The Mentalist: Spoiler alert

Does anyone else watch this show? Do you agree that Red John is CBI Director Gale Bertram? I've read a few articles this morning and looked at some polls...and 80% of those responding think that he is not Red John. These people think there will be a twist and and it won't be Bertram after all. One guy said it would be stupid if turns out to be Bertram.

What do you think?

Mike M November 18th, 2013 12:33 PM

It's Cho. ;)

Take care,
Mike

venice November 18th, 2013 04:08 PM

It's Van Pelt....I'm in love with herrofl

Moiraine November 18th, 2013 04:51 PM

I think that Van Pelt and Rigsby won't be in the show much longer, at least that is the rumor.

venice November 18th, 2013 06:38 PM

Will they get their own spin off?

Moiraine November 18th, 2013 06:53 PM

That I have not heard but I'm thinking the answer is no. The dude from the FBI that walked in and took over last night is supposed to be a new regular. I think there is supposed to be new female regular, too, another FBI agent. I wish Hightower would come back but I've heard nothing about her returning.

I'm not sure of anything I'm reading. That one site still has the polls at around 79/80% of the people thinking that Bertram isn't Red John. A lot of them think that Brett Partridge isn't really dead and will turn up to confront Patrick. There are others that think that Thomas Mcallister will be the one to show up at the church.

Is there anyone here that was surprised that it was Bertram? I wasn't.

Donna November 18th, 2013 10:20 PM

I also don't think it is Bertram, they kind of want you to think that, so my bet, it isn't....Time will tell.

Moiraine November 18th, 2013 11:07 PM

Yeah, they do want you to think it is, and I've thought it was him for a very long time. Guess we'll find out next week. There are going to be some very disappointed people if it is him.

Moiraine November 23rd, 2013 07:06 PM

Well gang, it's almost here. I can't wait. If Red John is Bertram or someone else, may Jane get his man!

Moiraine November 24th, 2013 11:03 PM

Well, I was wrong. I did want it to be Bertram. Oh well. It was a great show though! Let's see how the new beginning goes.

Donna November 25th, 2013 07:37 AM

I just had a feeling it wasn't Bertram....good show...

Marc November 25th, 2013 07:35 PM

The "new beginning" is two years later; I wonder if it will be like a restart of the show with only Patrick Jane as continuing character.

Donna November 25th, 2013 10:18 PM

You could be right Marc....should be interesting....

Moiraine November 25th, 2013 10:24 PM

Lisbon and Cho will be part of the cast along with the FBI dude that shut down the CBI. I don't know if it will start that way or not but I've heard that Rigsby and Van Pelt will be leaving and two new cast members will come onboard, one of them being the FBI dude.

venice November 26th, 2013 12:05 PM

Saw it last night...this episode worthy of a nomination...well written and acted...I still think Van Pelt should have her own spinoff or move to New Orleans and start a B&B

Isn't the FBI guy the sheriff on Sons of Anarchy (which is in it's final season) :confused:would be a vice transistion for him

Moiraine November 26th, 2013 02:13 PM

Venice, I don't watch SOA, but I looked the guy up for you. His name is Rockmond Dunbar and you may have seen him on the show Prison Break.

venice November 26th, 2013 03:25 PM

Thanks..he does play Sheriff Eli Roosevelt on SOA

I hope they find a spot for Van Pelt as the show moves forward...I don't "tweet" but for her I will startroflrofl

Moiraine November 26th, 2013 05:12 PM

I get the impression that she does not want your tweet, Venice.

Snoozeman November 26th, 2013 09:27 PM

Just got back from 3 weeks of cruising so just saw last 3 episodes in marathon last night. Fantastic!!!

Looks like a completely new Mentalist show and perhaps a new cop show spinoff to me.

venice November 27th, 2013 02:00 AM

You are probably rightroflroflrofl

Moiraine November 27th, 2013 10:49 AM

roflroflrofl

You know, reading that now, it sounded rude, but I meant that I thought she wanted to leave the show. I'm glad you took it that way.

venice November 27th, 2013 03:09 PM

Well since I don't know how to tweet, am old with limited funds, not computer savy and don't carry a luger and drive a VW Beetle, if I were her, I would not be interested in me eitherroflrofl

No apolgy needed, I knew how you meant it...wonder what Rigsby is going to do??? he carried the torch for her for all those years and finally marries her and then they have that big fight in the back of the SUV...they had no where to go with that story line...Cho, on the other hand, has many story line options

I think Van Pelt should transfer to Hawaii Five O (for obvious reasons)rofl

Moiraine November 27th, 2013 06:30 PM

I think with the two year jump they are doing PI work together. Don't get your hopes up about a new show though. Maybe it will happen but maybe not. From what she said she asked to be written out of The Mentalist...but who knows, maybe they've taken the opportunity for Rigsby and Van Pelt to have their own show. You never know what is a red herring with these people.