CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (
-   -   Tuesday Good Morning (

rollerdonna November 19th, 2013 08:48 AM

Tuesday Good Morning
Morning Mates, it is a much nicer day out today, high of 10 or 40F, the fog is lifting and the sun is shining, makes all the difference.
Going back to work yesterday was harder than I thought. I believe it is time I think about retiring, my heart is just not in it anymore...

The patient is improving slowly. yesterday he managed to get out of bed and shuffle to the kitchen. When I got home last night I took him back to the Dr. because he is still having a lot of pain. He put him on another week's course of antibiotics because there is still redness and heat in the ankle area, which is where the pain is.
More than anything, "cabin fever" is setting in, and unfortunately, this "cabin" doesn't have an ocean view!

Manuel November 19th, 2013 10:15 AM

Good morning from Sunny Palm Coast, Fl.

Donna, I wish that James gets better ASAP, and also that can retire soon.

I also send get-well wishes for the other Cruisemates who are not feeling well.

I will have to do some work outside and take a walk around the neighborhood.

Mike M November 19th, 2013 10:51 AM

Good morning everyone.

Yesterday was a stolen day. I missed most of it with a brain vacation. I was working in the front yard and had to ride it out there. Luckily I was dressed appropriately and had my drugs so it wasn't too bad. After that I was out for almost sixteen hours. I will say, other than being a bit stiff, I'm feeling great today.

Betty is off to her women's group meeting so that leaves me home to finish the yard work I started yesterday. It should only take about an hour and after that I am free to do all sorts of mayhem. ;)

I'm glad to hear James is feeling a bit better.

Judy: I got to keep my knee cooler. I love that thing. It worked great when I broke my leg last summer. Hopefully it will now just stay in the basement for quite awhile. ;)

I hope everyone has a great day. Oh yes: My Christmas present is supposed to arrive today. Oh boy! I'll be playing with that for a few days. :)

Take care,

LS80 November 19th, 2013 11:32 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......

Not much changing with the weather here.......still cool & yuck........

Mike......Christmas present already???? Isn't it a bit early for that????? :wink:

Glad to hear you're ok after yesterdays brain vacation..........

Y'all have a good day..........

CruisinK n J November 19th, 2013 01:14 PM

Tuesday Good Morning
Good morning. A bit dreary right now, but I know the sun will poke through eventually.

Keith spent an hour and a half yesterday being told what I already told him: no cane yet. Plus, he has to wear pressure stockings to prevent blood clots. We weren't told that.

Mike, when I had rotator cuff repair, I got to keep the cooler, too. We searched high and low for it and never found it. This time, it was $11 a day, so it went back yesterday.

I'm still ailing, now with either a cold or a return of the bronchitis. Seems like a regular cold, tho'.
Still coughing, sneezing, and wheezing.

I hope James feels better and everyone else who is ailing.