Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2013, 07:03 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday Nov. 23rd.

Good morning Mates

I wish you all a nice Saturday and a great weekend.

We are getting ready for our second Thanksgiving in Florida.
It's a few days away but it will get here fast.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2013, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates, it's a Snowy Saturday here in Pictou County. That wasn't in the forecast, but when are 'they" ever right?
I was hoping to get some Christmas decorations outside today, but if it continues to snow, I don't know. First thing this morning when I was out, it was so mild...what happened?

James wants to go out today, we need to go to the bank and to the grocery store, so we will take the wheelchair for a spin. He can walk a bit in the house now, but after 5 mins. is in pain, so he needs to stay off the leg a little longer.
Other than that, nothing much is new. I'm hoping to finally get started on my Royal Princess review later today, just haven't had the time!

donna
Old November 23rd, 2013, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

Well it's pretty cold here today and not making it out of the 20's today or tomorrow.
Two weeks from this very minute Ill be boarding the Liberty......YIPPY!!!!!

Donna.....it will be good for James to get out of the house for a little today.

I need to finish my Thanksgiving grocery shopping .......the time crunch is on.
I have a little smaller crowd this year with 11 adults and 2 kids with the possibility of 2 more last minute guests. This year everything will be in disposable bowls and trays as I plan on doing next to no dinner dishes. Seems as if no one wants to help with the dishes so disposable it is.

Hope all my mates have a great weekend!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old November 23rd, 2013, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a cold Texas. The weather man says up to a inch of ice by Monday. Right now it is mostly drizzle.

I have been involved with a series of doctors appointments this week, and one of the most important ones is due on Monday. Now with the weather, it might be difficult to get to. Our nearest doctor is 20 miles away. I do feel much better, but boy I sure have a lot of meds.

Today is Joshua's last day of work. He is being let go, because he makes to much. They of course couldn't fire him for it, so they have given him the worse jobs, in hopes he will quit. One manager did tell him the truth, because he blamed himself. He put in his two weeks notice, and suddenly they needed him for extra work. He came to me and said, "Do you think it is wrong to not take their calls?" (He has always been there if they needed an extra worker) I told him no, I didn't think it was wrong. He is a very good worker, and a very good saver, so paying his bills won't be a problem, and this will give him time to find a much better job.

Jim is freezing his butt in a deer stand this morning. All of the hunters are donating any meat harvested for the locals, for the holidays.

Because we usually go without power during storms, I have put on a pot of veggie soup, and baking a cake. I figure if we have to , we can reheat on the fireplace.

I hope everyone is well this morning.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 23rd, 2013, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday Nov. 23

Good morning. Well, the rains have gone, unfortunately. We didn't get much. According to the weather mavens, we are nine inches behind last year.

Donna, I certainly understand not getting anything done. Being a caretaker is all-consuming. I could use a housekeeper and a laundress!

During Keith's two hour session in P.T. yesterday, I sat in the main lobby because the P.T. one is so small. There were some really sick people there.
Looked like they had what I've been struggling to get rid of and still haven't.

Am having a major problem getting my driver's license renewed. If I lose it, I don't know what we'll do. Sit at home on Thanksgiving and Christmas, that's for sure! The stress is really getting me down.

Have a good day, everybody.

Judy

Old November 23rd, 2013, 01:02 PM
Admiral

Good morning all. Looks like a partly cloudy day here in So. Cal. A little cool but it's not bad. Not much going on today just getting ready for our cruise in 13 days. Everybody enjoy your day.