Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 24th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Admiral

Smile Sunday

Good morning Mates

It's Sunday and Thanksgiving is just around the corner. All is well in our neck of the woods and we are pretty much ready for Turkey Day.
I send prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery to all our Cruisemates who are ill.

And to everyone I hope that you have a nice day.

TM

Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Admiral

Good morning TM and the same to all of Cruisemates friends! Today is a chilly, somewhat wet day and the rain is expected to be severe this evening. I am so very glad that I do not work in the streets anymore. Sitting in this climate controlled room all day is ideal for us "mature" law enforcement officers. There are days that I have ot be in the air on a helicopter or fixed wing and other days that I have to be on the water but the boats are enclosed and have a/c or heat. These days are usually endured during the summer months for this ol' man.

I pay off our January cruise this week then no more cruises for a few years.

Have a wonderful day cruisemates friends!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old November 24th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright and cold here, but the weather people are scaring the bejesus out of us, as, this storm "roars" across the the country! Thanksgiving will be just rainy around here I guess.

Going to be tough not having Nikki's family here. I sent her down a package of Bell's Seasoning. This is a felony if stuffing is not made with this..at least in this house! This way, she can have a taste of home.

Today, we'll be spiffying up the house, for our small crowd,and getting things in order....so....

Make it a good one!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 24th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Captain

Cold here but the sun is out and making it feel a little warmer. Today we will have an early Thanksgiving dinner with D/H side of the family. I have my dishes cooking so all will be good when we head out. Thursday I will be cooking for my family here at home, a small group. My family has scattered across the state in the past year due to marriages, new jobs, and the such so I fix a meal and whoever shows up can eat.
Saw on the weather news that Texas is quite cool today. Hope all our mates stay warm and safe. Was so hoping to return there in Feb. but it is not looking like we will this year. I started having some dental issues and so my vacations funds are going to that. Thank goodness I already had my Jan. cruise paid for!
Everyone have a great day and prayers for all our mates in need. RD, so hoping James is getting better every day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 24th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

Nice to see so many of our CM checking in.
Yes, turkey day is fast approaching and I need to finish up getting all of my fixings for the big day.

I'm not sure if its a part of getting older but I sure am a slacker theses days. Normally I would have bought everything I needed but I'm in the "I can get it tomorrow" mode, the urgency of having everything just so has got up and went.

Wishing health and happiness to all of you!!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old November 24th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a cold dull, Texas. Yes, we have been warned of the weather getting nasty. Funny thing about the south is no one knows how to drive in bad weather.

AS for Thanksgiving, I had planned ahead in case I was in the hospital on Thursday, so I ordered the Turkey, Ham, and deserts from a local place that I have always wanted to try. I sure hope it is as good as the reviews.

It will be just us and a neighbor next door who's family is out of the country.

I talked to Todd the other day, and he is back in the hospital. I will try to call him again today.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 24th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Admiral

[SIZE="3"]Good afternoon mates , I am late today because I took James out to church this morning, as he felt strong enough to go. Took Griffin with me, and while James was in church I took Griffin for a good walk on the waterfront, but it was COLD, Somewhere around 0 degrees, with a windchill which even the sun couldn't warm up.

I have a lot of housework to catch up on, summer clothes to put away, winter clothes to take out, Christmas decorations to put outside, and finally, a nice big pot of stew to make for dinner. Busy day ahead.

Thanks for all the well wishes for the patient, he is doing better but far from healed. I take him back to the Dr. tomorrow.

donna/SIZE]
Old November 24th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday

Good morning. A beautiful sunny morning with snow and cloud covered mountains.

I have thought so many times about Todd. Luanne, thanks for reporting on him. Please keep us posted.

Donna, please tell James I hope he gets better very soon. My own patient just asked me if we could go to a mall today! The doctor has encouraged him to walk starting with a quarter of a mile. Looks like lunch will be at the little Italian place in South Coast Plaza.

Have a good day, everybody.

Judy