Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2013, 07:38 PM
Default Royal Princess Week 2, Day 6, Grand Turk

Royal Princess Week 2, Day 6 Grand Turk

Friday Nov. 8, 2013

We had an early wake-up this morning, as our pre-ordered room service breakfast arrived early. James joked that it was the first time I had ever served him breakfast in bed!

We were back at the medical centre by 8:30 a.m. where the doctor was relieved to see the colour and swelling much improved from yesterday. He told us that after what he saw last night, he was deliberating whether to amputate above or below the knee! Another blood test showed the white cell count down to 10 (from the original 22), so he was able to get rid of the I.V. shunt in his arm, and start taking oral antibiotics. He still needed the daily injection of anti-coagulant though.

Sufficiently scared by the doctor's comments, James kept to the room for the entire day, resting with leg elevated.

Around 12:30 we docked in Grand Turk once again, and he insisted I get off and enjoy myself.

Once I was sure he was fed, watered, and comfortably set up to watch movies all afternoon, I did get off the ship and headed for the beach.
There was only one other ship in port, the Carnival Glory, and that made the beach and shopping areas very crowded and it wasn't as easy to find a seat this time.

I did eventually find a spot, and settled down with a Havana Banana from the Margaritaville bar to enjoy my afternoon on the beach.

I spent about 2 1/2 glorious hours either on the beach or just floating in the water, it was sheer heaven! Around 3:30 I headed over to the pool at Margaritaville, where it was loud, wild and crazy with many young people from the Glory partying and having a good time. Some were trying out the Flow Rider which looked dangerous to me.

I had just enough money to get 1 more Havana Banana and enjoyed sipping that while I hung out in the pool.

I started talking to 3 women around my age in the pool and we were taking each others pictures. When I told them the story of why I was there alone, one of them took pity on me, bought me a huge Havana Banana in a blender cup, and included me in their group for the rest of the afternoon! (Thanks Carol!).

Although I had a really wonderful afternoon on the beach and in the pool, I was sad that James could not be there to enjoy it. I did take lots of pictures, including a beautiful sunset as I headed back to the ship.

Back on board, we ordered room service for dinner, and it was quite good.There was nothing much I wanted to see in the theatres tonight, so we stayed in the room and watched a couple more movies. I managed to stay up until 11:15 because I wanted to go see a late show in the Vista Lounge called YE OLDE PUB.

James was too tired and in pain to go, but I did manage to videotape some of it for him. The show was a British Pub based song and dance extravaganza, starring the Princess star singers and dancers, as well as all the entertainment staff, including CD Sam and Deputy Dan. It was a rollicking goodtime, with old British pub songs, dance numbers, singing competitions and lots of laughs, and a wonderful way to end the evening.

Tomorrow, our last sea day....

Last edited by rollerdonna; December 1st, 2013 at 08:05 PM.
Sponsored Links