Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 2nd, 2013, 08:32 PM
Admiral

Default Royal Princess, Week 2, Day 7, At Sea

Royal Princess Week 2, Day 7, At Sea
Saturday Nov. 9, 2013

During the week on board that James was confined to our room, one of his favourite things to do was watch the "Wake Show" every day on TV.This was a live broadcast from Royal Princess' own TV studio in the Princess Live! Theatre, hosted by our Cruise Director Sam, and often featuring Deputy Dan, interviewing many different employees on board from different departments.The day before I had gone down to passenger services with a token gift and a note for the CD to give James a "shout out" on TV.

This morning, we were watching the Wake Show, and there were 2 plush toy lobsters (my gift) sitting on the desk throughout the show. I was ready with the video camera at the end of the show when Sam and Dan gave their "shout out" to James who they said was "feeling poorly" this cruise and confined to his room enjoying the show. They had adopted our Nova Scotia lobsters as their mascots, and Dan was silly with one, holding back it's legs and claws and turning it into a Nova Scotia seal! James got such a kick out of that, he was grinning from ear to ear!

Also grinning this morning was the doctor when we made our morning visit. He was very pleased with the progress of James' leg, gave him his oral antibiotics and injection, and recommended a wheelchair if he wanted to go anywhere today, and especially for disembarkation tomorrow.

James returned to the room to start his packing, his motto being "it's never to early to be early!" while I went off to do a series of errands,including standing in line for over 30 minutes at the passenger services desk to book a wheelchair. There was no outside time this day, in fact no sunshine at all, it was a cloudy, off and on rainy day with very active seas, and our sailing was very rocky at times. At one point I passed through the pool deck,and the small pool was closed and emptied, but the larger pool was open and resembled a wave pool, with huge waves surging people from one end to the other!

For lunch on this last sea day I went back to the Wheelhouse Bar for the British Pub lunch, which I brought to the room for James. I also included a tall glass of Boddingtons (British beer) because the doctor did say to increase his fluids!

One of my husband's favourite things to do on any cruise is to walk the ship from bow to stern from top to bottom, inside and out, and videotape everything. He just loves ships. Not able to do it on this voyage, he asked me if I would take the video camera and cover the whole ship for him. So that is how I spent my afternoon, and it was very tricky on the outdoor part because of the rain and the over-spilling pool, the decks were very wet and slippery. Not only did I film, but I also took still photos of some of the places we had visited, or at least seen during the 2 weeks on board.

Gelato, the Italian ice cream shop.

The "Olive Martini Piano" in Crooners Bar

The Gym

View of the Piazza from above

Piazza seating area

When I finally got back, the wheelchair had been delivered, so that evening I was able to wheel James up to the Horizon Court for dinner, and then to the Princess Theatre for the big final show entitled "Spectacular". This was one of their big productions numbers and it had a little bit of everything; singing, dancing, beautiful costumes, amazing visual effects, different styles of music, and it was quite "spectacular"!

Following the show, we made our way up to the pool deck to see the “Dancing Fountain” show that is presented several times during the cruise. This takes place on the raised stage between the pools, where along with multicoloured lights and loud music, the fountains appear to “dance” to the music. This time it was theme songs from the James Bond movies, and it was quite good!

It was nice to end an otherwise difficult week on a high note like this, enjoying the wonderful entertainment that Princess has to offer.

Tonight, we're headed back to Ft. Lauderdale, tomorrow, disembarkation.......

Last edited by rollerdonna; December 2nd, 2013 at 08:53 PM.
Sponsored Links