Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 22nd, 2013, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Weather Warning Day

Morning Mates, there are weather warnings out all over the Maritimes this morning, we are getting rain, snow, ice pellets, freezing rain, you name it, Mother Nature is throwing it at us.
It is a stay-home-and -hibernate kind of day and that is what I plan to do. Still nursing this nasty cold too, cough, cough, so it's best I stay in.
I was supposed to go carolling tonight but since I have no voice, that's a no-go too.
Happy Holidays!

donna
Old December 22nd, 2013, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Warm and around 60 today..not suffering as many are in upper NE with ice storms and rain....my driveway is clear! So lucky to be on the sunny side of the street.

Bruce is going to be banned from entering any supermarket soon...there is NO room in the fridge or freezer in the in the fridge or freezer in the garage!!
He got porterhouse steaks for 2 dollars and change, and pinwheel beef for a song...My fridge is like fibber magee and molly's closet..open at your own risk..oy

Nikki and family will be driving up the coast for a short visit right after Xmas, weather permitting, It will be great to see them,and celebrate Lucy's B day, but even harder to say good bye....again.

Making a noodle kugel today, and a lemon cake and doing,and a bit of cleaning!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 22nd, 2013, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good morning cruisemates. Haven't checked in here for a long time. I've been busy snowbirding in Arizona. Good thing because back home in Calgary Dec has sucked ; incredible cold and more snowfall than they've had in 125 years.

We've been on a task trying all the local restaurants that have been featured on diners drive-ins and dives.

Last night was Defalco's Italian Eatery and Deli. Definitely a dive, but the cheesesteak sandwich was incredible. Last week was Guiseppes, a tiny place that opens at 5 PM , with lineups by 5:30. Prior to that Perk Eatery; which serves the best pancakes I've ever had!! We've been back there half a dozen times

Have to get my mothers condo ready today, as she is well enough now to come down, so she and her caregiver arrive tomorrow.

Had a little snap of cool weather here the last few days, but heading for temps in the 70s through this week.

Have lots of friends in town this week, so will take opportunity now to wish you all a Merry Christmas!!!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 22nd, 2013, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Warming up some here.......49 right now.....I'll take it........

Trip.....Bruce has got to be the luckyist person for finding food bargains!!!! Wish he could send some of that my way.....

Kuki....glad to hear all is well.......Dives can be some of the best places to eat......

Off to the store........

Y'all have a good day..........

Sharon
Old December 22nd, 2013, 12:36 PM
Admiral

Sunny Texas in the 60's providing a good start for our 55 year of marriage. Donna, how are you going to be able to stand it when real winter comes?
Old December 22nd, 2013, 05:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Afternoon Cruise Mates!! A trip out this morning and company this afternoon made me late to get here. Then of course I got watching the patriots game.

Trip did you teach Bruce the fine art of bargain hunting? I remember my first lesson was to be tossed unarmed and alone into the depths of Filene's Basement. I came out bruised and battered with my "find" clutched in my hot little hands. A victorious grin on my face.

Nice to see you post Sharon and glad it is going to be warm there today. going on 6:00 PM here and still 80...........Tough to take.

Kuki, Some of those little hard to find places are the BEST!!! I found one near the port of Miami many years ago. Best food ever.
Glad to hear that your Mother can make the trip to Arizona to enjoy the winter.
Back to the Patriots See you later.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain