Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2014, 10:12 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Getting ten people from Renaissance hotel to Allure of Seas

This hotel looks really close to port-about 10 or 15 blocks I think. If it was just two of us I would probably just grab a cab. But there are so many of us. What would anyone recommend? A private car/limo service?

Sorry to sound stupid but this is the first big family cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. And I would like it to be as smooth as a big family cruise could be
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2014, 11:08 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon cam View Post
This hotel looks really close to port-about 10 or 15 blocks I think. If it was just two of us I would probably just grab a cab. But there are so many of us. What would anyone recommend? A private car/limo service?

Sorry to sound stupid but this is the first big family cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. And I would like it to be as smooth as a big family cruise could be
Check to see if the hotel has a shuttle. If so book the earliest time you can. I just cruised out of FT. Lauderdale in December. We stayed and embassy suites and arranged the shuttle through the hotel. We set a 10:00AM before the crowds were rushing to check out. Things went smoothly. I don't know if the Renaissance hotel has a shuttle or not. The thing we liked about Embassy is they include a breakfast in the morning so we ate downstairs headed to our rooms packed and caught the shuttle to the ship. Very smooth. Embassy suites also includes in the price free cocktails from 5:30 to 7:30 each night. My hubby really liked that.

If your hotel doesn't have a shuttle you can book a private shuttle it's cheaper then a limo and it would show up just for your family. I have used super shuttle in the past and have had good experiences. I don't know if Super Shuttle goes from Ft Lauderdale. I hope that helps you.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old January 15th, 2014, 11:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Honestly, the easiest and most simple way, is for the hotel to get you cabs...the ride is just a short distance,and the fee is nominal...but,here is a site you can call, for a shuttle..I have used them many times.SAS Transport Quality Shuttle Service at Affordable Prices

I love the Ren, I am sure you will enjoy the hotel and your cruise.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 16th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Are you referring to the Renaissance Ft Lauderdale Cruise Port, on 17th St? They have a shuttle to the port for $6 per person. I would call ahead of time to see if a special run can be made for your group.
Old January 16th, 2014, 05:21 PM
First Mate

Ten people plus luggage is going to require a lot of room in whatever type of shuttle you end up getting. You will need more than one, that's for sure.

When we stayed at the Renaissance Ft Lauderdale Cruise Port a few years ago (we now stay at Embassy Suites when sailing out of Fort Lauderdale), we were not aware of any shuttle. I'm glad to see they now have one. Maybe it was there all the time and we just didn't know it, but we stayed there probably 4 times.

Katlady has done a good job describing the features of the Embassy Suites. We originally started staying there because we couldn't get a room at the Renaissance. We liked it so much, that we have stayed there ever since. Great area with a trolley stop in the shopping center right behind it which we always take to the beach area. But then, there is a trolley stop across 17th Street from the Renaissance as well, so I guess it's a wash.

At any rate, I think you will probably need at least 2 shuttles. Have a great cruise.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 16th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

The shuttle company I mentioned, has additional capabilty hitched to the back of the van, to accomodate lots of luggage..explain your needs to Steve,and he should be able to help you out.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 16th, 2014, 10:17 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks everyone. I will call the hotel itself about a shuttle because I know it was not listed on their web site. Our flight the night before does not get in until after 10p.m. otherwise I would look into the Embassy for the happy hour! But we use our Marriot points more than Hilton so this really is our best option.
Old January 17th, 2014, 10:57 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon cam View Post
Thanks everyone. I will call the hotel itself about a shuttle because I know it was not listed on their web site. Our flight the night before does not get in until after 10p.m. otherwise I would look into the Embassy for the happy hour! But we use our Marriot points more than Hilton so this really is our best option.
We got in to Fort Lauderdale at 7:28PM and made a run for the cocktail area. They allow each person to get two drinks so we picked up 4 before the cocktail period ended. I'm Hilton honors member I had a period of time that I was traveling for work and Embassy became my favorite hotel. At that time State workers were only allow a $6.00 per diem for Breakfast. I would stay at Embassy and forgo the per diem. It was easier and I got a better breakfast then 6 bucks could offer. Plus it saved the state having to pay the per diem. Good Luck with the shuttle and have a great cruise.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994