Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 21st, 2014, 07:53 AM
Admiral

Default Good Tuesday Morning!

Morning Mates, we have joined Mike in the Polar Vortex (vortex, vortex).....it has dropped a lot in temperature here and we are bracing ourselves for a major storm tomorrow, another nor'easter bringing upwards of 30 cms of snow and blowing winds. Oh joy. This is where I need the eye rolling Smiley face! (they're still not working for me!)
I am off to aquafitness this morning, might as well get out while I still can, because tomorrow it will be hibernation mode.

donna
Old January 21st, 2014, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
We too are getting ready for the big one, Elizabeth! It should start around 2pm, with about a foot of white stuff...oy

I am charging the chargers the, little tv, and getting the candles and flashlights ready....also today, comcast is coming to rewire the house for our changeover of cable from verizon...another oy.

Glad my kindle is stocked with books and games...we may need them here...

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 21st, 2014, 08:03 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning from the POLAR VORTEX........vortex, vortex, vortex.

I guess all of us in the northern area are all in the deep freeze. It is a crisp -20F or -29C with a forecast high of -2. Break out the sunscreen.

Yesterday, for the first time in over a month, I can say that my back didn't hurt. The cortisone shot must have kicked in the five days they said it would take. The back still hurts "a bit" but nothing like it has been. I actually sat at my desk for an hour yesterday. For the last month I've been sitting in the recliner with my Surface Pro on my lap when I needed to use the computer.

Not much on the agenda for today other than a short shopping trip and cooking a pork shoulder. I haven't decided if I'm going to braise it or slow cook it. I know Betty will want pulled pork but I don't feel like having "gluten free bread" sandwiches so braising may win out.

I hope everyone stays warm and has a wonderful Tuesday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 21st, 2014, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Hope all ya easterners stay safe & warm......

Still warming here..........upper 30's for the lows & upper 40's for the highs..........

Mike....glad your back is feeling better.....

Trip.........good to have things charged.......but waiting for Comcast........that could be fun......

Y'all have a good day...............

Sharon
Old January 21st, 2014, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning

Woke up to 6 inches of snow, 1F and a headache

Hope everyone's s a great day

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old January 21st, 2014, 11:37 AM
Admiral

Default Good Tuesday Morning

Good morning. We're gonna have a cold front, too. Thursday, it's supposed to be 72. Also because of the drought, the Guv has asked all Californians to cut water usage by 20 percent.

I look forward to meatball soup at Norm's. Then I have a mammogram this afternoon. I don't look forward to that!

Donna, I meant to ask you, how many times a day to you have to walk the dog?

Stay safe and stay warm.

Judy
Old January 21st, 2014, 12:08 PM
Captain

Well we too are in that Vortex! We woke to several inches of snow and it is still coming down. Our high for today was around 40 degrees and that was at 3AM. It is dropping fast and is now around 25. That will seem warm for us in the next few days with our highs to be in the teens! Our county is on a Level 2 emergency and the roads don't look to good. Glad I don't have to get out in this today. I so wish I were still on my western Caribbean cruise!!!!
For those of you in the Vortex path, get ready! Mike, glad your back is better and hope it continues to improve.
Everyone have as good a day as possible and stay warm.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 21st, 2014, 03:20 PM
Admiral

Judy, he goes "out for business" about 3 times a day, accompanied, on leash, because we are not fenced and he can't be trusted. Also, if the weather is decent enough we'll take him for a drive into town to the waterfront walking trail for a good walk.

donna
Old January 21st, 2014, 03:45 PM
Admiral

The temperature is dropping rapidly in Virginia Beach. It will be "anybody's guess" if snow falls later in the day or during the night. Rob and I always stock up on filled water bottles and canned goods. I am sure that in some parts of the United States and Canada, there will be " a stock up run" in some of the grocery stores. Nothing much was done today except to go to the gym and Walgreens. For those that are active, or retired military, Walgreens gives a 15% discount on all their items, except for prescription drugs, every Tuesday. Some of the school systems, in the Tidewater area of Virginia, are closing early today. Thinking of all of my fellow cruisemates that will be affected by Mother nature's ravage.