Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 21st, 2014, 03:30 PM
Admiral

Default Countdown 3 days until leaving for New York

David and I are quite excited. We are leaving Friday for Mexico City by bus. We'll have one night there and then we fly on Saturday for three nights in N.Y.C.

Then we leave from N.Y.C. a week from today on our eight day Carnival cruise to the Bahamas. We have never sailed Carnival in our thirty plus cruises each.
It will be a new kind of cruising experience for the two of us. I hope we learn to love Carnival even though we have avoided sailing her ships previously.

Neither of us have been to N.Y.C. in 28 years...so we decided this might be a nice getaway for our thirtieth year celebration of being together.

We're looking forward to sailing out of Manhatten.
Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2014, 04:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Wow Chuck,
How exciting for you both, a cruise plus, NYC....Be sure to pack some cold weather items, it has been a brutal winter....Have fun and check back in when you return home. Bon Voyage!

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 21st, 2014, 04:39 PM
First Mate

Have a great cruise and enjoy Manhattan. We do the same cruise next month so let us know what you think. We will also spend some time in NYC before we set sail.
Old January 21st, 2014, 07:08 PM
Admiral

Just glad that you are not trying to fly into New York today or tomorrow, major snow storm going through that area now....This winter is just been terrible for snow/cold.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 22nd, 2014, 09:43 AM
Admiral

Chuck..........have a great cruise.......ya know.....a cruise is what ya make it.......so enjoy!!!!!!

Hope the weather holds for ya......make sure ya bundle up.......

Have a great trip all around........

Sharon
Old January 22nd, 2014, 09:52 AM
Admiral

First of all, let me congratulate you and David on your 30 years together! I hope you get in to N.Y. without any problem, because they're being hit by a major winter storm. Once you do get there, enjoy yourselves, are you going to see any shows ?
I think you will enjoy Carnival, we've not had any problems with them and we've done 9 or 10. We've always found the entertainment very good. Bon Voyage!

donna
Old January 23rd, 2014, 04:31 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Have a great cruise for both of you guys. Have fun and be safe. Congratulations David on your 30yrs together!
Old January 26th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Well the great news is we had no problem getting to Atlanta for the connection, nor did we have a problem getting to Newark. In fact we arrived 15 minutes early.

I highly recommend this hotel. (Tryp Times Square South by Windham) It is clean and beautiful and very comfortable. That is not always the case for hotels in NYC. The price, $103 per night (Hotwire blind bid) for a four star property, is totally amazing as well.

Today we are going to the Frick Museum to see the Vermeer exhibit. I cannot wait to see "the girl with the pearl ear ring." Tonight we are going for a special dinner in Little Italy at "Angelo's on Mulberry St."

All is well and we board our ship in just two days. I'm not sure about plays yet. We hope to see Kinky Boots or The Book of Morman.
Old January 26th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Admiral

Hi Chuck,
Enjoy New York City...how is the weather??

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 27th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Admiral

Weather is clear with a few clouds and is in the high thirties.Weather to be much colder tonight. Not too bad. we sail tomorrow.
Old January 27th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Admiral

Chuck..............glad things are good.......hope the weather cooperates for ya & sail-a-way is fantastic!

Sharon