Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2014, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Storm Day! (Wednesday)

Morning mates, and to those of you all along the eastern seaboard, take care, stay in, and stay safe!
What hit the east coast yesterday is hitting us today, blizzard conditions and more than 30 cms of snow. Pretty much everything is closed in these parts, not just the schools.
Just another quiet day of retirement living, book reading, internet surfing, and craft making for me today! Not to mention dreaming of cruising....*sigh*.....

donna
Old January 22nd, 2014, 09:01 AM
First Mate

Good morning Donna and all that will follow. Donna, there is lots of talk here about the storm you will get to today. Stay safe. We are again back in the deep freeze under sunny skies. Noticed that Florida is really cool in the morning but warms up some in the afternoon. It's all typical January. So much looking forward to our cruise next month and then spring. Have a good day everyone.

Keith.

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ~ Mae West

Old January 22nd, 2014, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Temps aren't too bad here........upper 30's for the lows........upper 40's for the lows......nothing like you easterners........

Hope y'all stay warm....safe......& keep your power...........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old January 22nd, 2014, 09:42 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

It is a January day here in Minnesota. Temperature is about +5F and we had a dusting of snow overnight. Had to blow the light, fluffy stuff off the driveway with the little snowblower.

Today will be an exciting trip to the store to pick up some staples and a new office chair. My old office chair was the one I had in my office when I was a working man but the pneumatic cylinder has blown out and I can't find a replacement. The shocking part is that an equivalent chair is around $500.

I hope everyone stays warm and has a wonderful Wednesday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 22nd, 2014, 11:19 AM
Captain

We are having a heat wave...it is up to 5F from the -3F earlier this morning. Our high today may hit 10 if we are lucky! Glad I don't have to go out in this except to the mailbox and my see if D/H will do that. I hate the cold of winter.
Our schools are closed again today and if they miss anymore days it means they will be making them up at the end of the year. The roads around here, mostly rural back roads, are not in the best shape to be running school buses on. To many hills to slide off of.
Donna, I too am dreaming of another cruise even though I just got off one a week and a half ago. Had so hoped to head to warmer weather when we got home but it is not to be this year. I can pretty much guarantee that it won't happen next year, I am already making plans to leave right after Jan. 1 and be gone at least until the end of Feb. Maybe then I'll miss the cold of Ohio.
Everyone have a good day and stay safe and warm.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 22nd, 2014, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Storm Day! (Wednesday)

Good morning. Beautiful day here, warm and sunny.

Not much on the agenda. Keith will go to the gym. I'll just laze . . .

Judy
Old January 22nd, 2014, 01:02 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon

Busy doing housework today ...too cold and snowy to go out.

We did finally replace our snow blower yesterday with a nice 2 stage blower, after shoveling all the snow yesterday I finally had enough!

Not much else going on here....have a great day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old January 22nd, 2014, 02:12 PM
Admiral

It snowed for most of the evening last night in Virginia Beach which resulted in the schools, and many businesses being closed. (this area does not spend a great deal on snow removal because it is not "cost effective" for the few times it snows here). I wisely stayed in and cleaned the house. Rob volunteered at the hospital, in the emergency room. A lot of people came in because they had slipped or fallen on the ice. With me being 65, I was not going to take any chances! I, like my fellow cruisemates, am dreaming about the next cruises we are booked on. The next one is a transatlantic cruise the end of April where we are getting off of the ship for part of a day and then getting back on the ship and going to the Baltic countries. Hope that warmer days are ahead for all of my fellow cruisemates!