CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Sunny Saturday (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/400758-sunny-saturday.html)

rollerdonna January 25th, 2014 09:41 AM

Sunny Saturday

Morning Mates, it's a lovely sunny Saturday here, but the temperature doesn't match. It's about -10C, but going up. It was so nice out yesterday that I bundled up and did some snowshoeing on the property, it was exhilarating!
I may do the same today...
Tonight I have pub trivia to look forward to, other than that, just another Saturday...hope you all have a good one!

donna

Donna January 25th, 2014 09:47 AM

We finally have OK temps, but more snow tonight and then Monday and Tuesday, back to the deep freeze, OY....

Everyone, have a good one.

travelgalSue January 25th, 2014 10:01 AM

We are having white out conditions here this morning. Weather heads say we will get between 2 -4 more inches of the white stuff and I think they are right. We have already gotten at least 3 inches and it is still coming down. Enough is enough, I want sunshine and 70 degrees!
Only good thing about being stuck indoors, I've managed to get some major cleaning done. Getting a jump on my spring cleaning. I am cooking dinner for a good friend who just got out of the hospital tonight. Just hope we can get out to deliver it. They live on top of a big hill and the road is always bad when we have snow. If it is still bad out I'll call her husband and see if he can meet us at the bottom of the hill and do a pick up. He has a big 4 wheel drive truck and never has any issues getting up and down the hill. Time will tell.
Donna, enjoy the sunshine, I think I remember what that is!
Everyone stay safe and warm this weekend.

LS80 January 25th, 2014 10:04 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........

Temp is only 32 right now.......but warming to the mid 40's.........seems like the fog is gone for now.........

You easterners stay safe & warm.......

Y'all have a good day.............

Sharon

Mike M January 25th, 2014 11:24 AM

Good morning everyone:

Help!!! I'm being forced to do dirty things by a crazy woman!!!

No not those dirty things. :) Yesterday, my brain took a vacation and I didn't get my Cinderfella duties done. This morning Betty is making me dust, clean the kitchen cupboards, kitchen and dinette windows and my office. She is a cruel woman. :) I'm supposed to be cleaning my office right now while she's vacuuming but I'm taking a quick break. As long as I can hear the vacuum upstairs I know I'm safe. ;)

As I said, my brain took a vacation yesterday afternoon. Betty was so proud that she took care of the driveway after we had about 2 inches of snow. The only problem was that we have some nasty winds and the driveway drifted, in three spots, last night. So, my morning has been blowing the driveway in gail force winds and then a trip to the coffee shop.

Vacuum is now off, gotta go. Have a good weekend.

Take care,
Mike

balabusta January 25th, 2014 12:56 PM

Good afternoon from Virginia Beach where it is now in the upper 30's but due to go up to the lower 40's, later this afternoon. I went to the gym since I had skipped three days due to the ice on the roads. Not much is going on; Rob is going to volunteer tonight to raise money for multiple sclerosis (which my beloved mother had), and I am spending a quiet night at home. The temperature is again supposed to be lower tomorrow and also during the remainder of the week. Have a great evening, fellow cruisemates.

dorothys56 January 25th, 2014 07:54 PM

Good evening from Atlanta where it's a balmy 37 F. Our bizarre weather has been jumping 20-30 degrees in as little as one day, so you never know until you open the front door what you should actually wear!

I have to say that after a couple of nights with temps in the teens, my April cruise is REALLY looking good!

rollerdonna January 25th, 2014 09:11 PM

Hi Dorothy, long time no see!

donna