Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Weather Salad

Morning Mates, I don't know what to tell you about the weather today; overnight we had howling gale force winds and pelting rain; woke up to pouring rain, not much snow left, and very mild temps; an hour later, it was a howling snow blizzard, and now it's gorgeous and sunny! Who knows what's next?

On the agenda today is house cleaning and reading, with something in the crock pot for dinner. Have a good Sunday all!

donna
Old January 26th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

It's been a crazy winter for sure. We had snow over night with temps in the 20' but falling into the negative temps for the next few days.

Nothing on my agenda other than staying warm!
Stay safe mates!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old January 26th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning to all!

It's a balmy 12F and we had about 3" of snow overnight. Betty and I teamed up to blow the driveway. She had the little snowblower and I had the big one. We had the whole thing done in about 20 minutes. It usually takes me a half hour to 45 minutes to get it done. The only problem was that Betty needs to learn how to control her chute. She pelted me with snow about four times and I looked like a snowman.

Last night we had a great dinner with our daughter, SIL and grandkids. A local bar and restaurant makes about the best prime rib I've had and we treated everyone to dinner. The prime rib is a bit expensive but good. They make up for it because the cocktails are only $3.00. Too bad we could only have one.

The grandkids had to come home with grandma and grandpa so they are now upstairs, with grandma, watching some animated movie and eating breakfast in bed. Gee: I wonder why they like coming to our house.

The temperature is going to plummet today and the forecast low for tomorrow is -24F with blizzard warnings and windchills in the -50F range. I doubt the kids will have school tomorrow so we'll just keep them. We should know, for sure, by later this afternoon.

Well: I better get upstairs and roust the Queen and her court out of bed and see how many toast crumbs are in the sheets.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday and a wonderful upcoming week.

BTW: I'm going to Hawaii on Thursday so I'll be out of the ice box for three weeks. Na Na Na Na Na.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 26th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Mike....I've been doing the nice weather dance........hopefully the fog will be gone by the time ya get here........

Lows are in the 30's & highs in the upper 40's....maybe low 50's........

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old January 26th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Admiral

Hey friends! When I awoke on Friday, I saw a smattering of snow on my black truck. Today, the weather is warming up but by Tuesday, it is supposed to be in the 20's F again with snow chances. HOWEVER... we will be on the Triumph, outracing ( I hope ) the cold front on the way to the Caribbean Sea and warmer weather.

I will think of all of you while we are there...

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old January 26th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

The weather here is not bad at all. It has been cooler than average for the last few days, but it will get to 70 deg. today.

Michael, I hope that you have a nice cruise.

And Mike enjoy your stay in Hawaii.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old January 26th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Admiral

Since I rose early, I headed to the gym. Snow still lingers on the ground in the Tidewater area of Virginia but driving, on cleared streets, is no problem. This morning, after coming back from the gym, I filed for Social Security; I am taking half of the value of my husband, Rob's since I was basically, a "stay at home mother" for most of the time. I am glad that I waited since this will add to making cruising more financially possible. I have to run washes and put clothing in the dryer this afternoon. In six days, Rob and I leave for Nashville. Hope that all of my fellow cruisemates have a great day.
Old January 26th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by balabusta View Post

. In six days, Rob and I leave for Nashville. Hope that all of my fellow cruisemates have a great day.

Enjoy your visit to Nashville. We were there last year and we found it to be a fun city to spend some time in. Lots to do and to see and some great food as well.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old January 26th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Admiral

Manuel, thanks for the good wishes for "Nashville." I have always wanted to go there mainly because my parents were married there in 1943. We wisely bought the Entertainment Book which offers some great savings on entertainment venues and restaurants. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate!