Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Saturday Snow

Hi Kids,
Bright out now, masking what will be here this afternoon, 6-10 inches of more %$^^&^^%$# snow! Mother nature is going on my hit list! MY plow guy came last storm, 2 days ago, expecting to plow, and we had hardly anything, while at his house less then a quarter mile away, he das gotten six inches...!!

Bruce is running a few errands before we hunker down, I am charging everything again, and we wait....

Make it a good one..

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

Hey Trip nice to see you here starting of my day, I miss you!

We too have some snow coming but all I can think of is the big warm up coming next week, time to try and knock down some of the huge snow piles.

Sitting in the kitchen having my morning coffee with the sun beating on my....feels so nice!

I have a job interview at Jewel on Monday. One day when I had nothing to do I though maybe I should get a job so I filled out a few applications and now their calling....thing is I'm not sure I really want to to go to work every week...it sounded fun at first but the reality of it has be rethinking what I did. Although it would probably be good for me....we"ll see!

Have a great day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old February 15th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone!!

Well, it's back to reality and it's a "cold reality". After ten days in Maui I received a shock yesterday and this morning. My body isn't acclimated to this cold, yet. Now I somewhat understand why southerners complain about 35 degree temperatures.

We got home to a drifted driveway. It was like blowing a glacier with the snow blower. I had to do it in layers. It took over an hour. I also spent over an hour on the phone with my daughter. Her computer came up with "The Blue Screen Of Death" and I could not fix it. She needs to take it to my buddy and have it worked on. Something in the boot sector is screwed up. After being awake for 35 hours it was nice to get 12 hours of sleep. I needed it.

We had a great time on the trip. The only negative was that my brain took more vacations than normal. Five in fourteen days. Just because I was on vacation didn't mean my brain had follow suit.

Today is a gymnastics day. My granddaughter made the regionals and is competing at the Minneapolis Civic Center today. I am still amazed at how far she has come in a year. From uncoordinated little girl to graceful young lady.

I hope you all have been well and surviving this frozen arctic weather. Give me another day or two and I'll be back to feeling tougher than the Southern folk. Right now I am still in "wimp mode".

Have a wonderful weekend!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 15th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Good afternoon Mates, here in Nova Scotia we had about 3 seasons in one day yesterday. they called a Snow Day early in the morning, closing the schools because of the ice, heavy rain, flooding, and accumulation of overnight snow. By 10 am is was bright and sunny and temps soared to +20C, that is 68F!! In February! I had all the windows open.
Of course by late afternoon it dropped to 5C, then the winds picked up and we had a nasty wind storm and more snow overnight. Today is nice so far, but we are on "storm watch" again for later tonight. Will this winter ever end?
Since I had the day off yesterday I started my weekend project, painting the bedroom.
What do you think of the colour?

It is actually much darker than the red it appears, it is burgundy, and looks cozy in the dim light at night. Today I am working on coat #2.

donna
Old February 15th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday Snow

Good morning. Looks like a beautiful day.

I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's celebration, because ours was a disaster starting with car trouble. But we can make it up another day.

Keith is on his way to Riverside, and I have house work to do.

Have a good day.

Judy
Old February 15th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Good evening from Virginia Beach where it rained for most of the day. I went to the gym this morning, then stopped at Walmart on the way back to pick up some groceries, made lunch, and then watched the olympics for most of the afternoon. While Rob was volunteering for multiple sclerosis, tonight, I went out with some good friends for dinner. Trip, glad to see you back on chat. Hope that all of my fellow cruisemates do not experience much snow this week!
Old February 15th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Oh Darn,
WE too are getting some more snow, just started, but hopefully, only an inch or two. Now Monday, ice rain and snow...what a mix...Will this ever end??

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 15th, 2014, 09:40 PM
Admiral

Donna, sorry to hear that there is more snow in your area. Mother nature sure has played "havoc" with the weather in so many parts of the United States and Canada. Hopefully, the weather will start to be better. I know that so many businesses have lost millions of dollars in revenue. Let's all be "positive."