Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Default Guess What? Another Snow Day!

Morning Mates, it's the 3rd Snow Day this week if you count Sunday, everything is closed again, so no school, work or even aquafitness today....kids are going to have to go to school till July to make up for all the lost days!
Griffin is not impressed with another snow day either. Poor little guy comes in with giant snowballs stuck all over his legs and underside, I have to defrost him in warm water in the sink when he comes in!

donna
Old February 20th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning from the Land of 10,000 Winters, all wrapped into one season. It's sunny and beautiful outside right now but I guess that is changing by noon.

The talking heads are saying that the release of "Snowmageddon 24, Snowmageddon vs. Snowpocalypse" is scheduled for noon today and running for 24 hours. We are on the west side of the snowpocalypse and "should" only see 4" to 6" of snow. Just west of us they are expecting a foot or more.

Betty and I have officially been hit with "The bug". Betty is worse than I am with coughing and chills. I'm just tired and some sinus "stuff". That didn't stop Betty from letting her OCD run rampant. Yesterday she took advantage of the 40 degree temperature and chipped and scraped all the ice and packed snow off the driveway. It's a 150 foot long driveway. The ice and packed snow did not impede the driveway at all but she wanted it to look "clean". Well, it will until noon today.

Donna: Enjoy the snow day. I'm like Griffin. When I go out in the snow I also come in with snow balls.

Take care and enjoy the day,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 20th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. I'm watching the birds eat right now. It's cloudy and we are expecting rain and maybe a few thunderstorms later. I'm expecting the handyman this morning to come fit a new back door and to do a few other things for me.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old February 20th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Temps are still on the cooler side.......mid 30's to upper 40's.......not like y'all in the east....or mid west......

No rain for today.........so they say......

Y'all have a good day..........

Sharon
Old February 20th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a warm Texas. I think maybe our winter is over with.

Yesterday was a big day for me. Part of my on going problem is feeling comfortable being outside the house. I know, it sounds like a very bad movie, but it's true. I can go outside in either the back or front yard, but have difficulty with going anywhere, without a panic attack.

Yesterday, I took Bella to the groomer, and then went to Wal Mart. I had a panic attack in Wal Mart, but have learned to overcome it on my own.

Today, I am going to the beauty shop, where they all know what to expect, so I should be okay.

I finally received a price on the work on the house. It is expensive, but I have been saving for 4 years to have it done, and the company doing it, are the best. I can't wait to get started.

Donna, Griffin and Bella could be brother and sister. They look so much alike.

Mike, Take care of your snow balls.

Have a good day all,

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 20th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Luanne, I am sorry about the panic attacks.
Old February 20th, 2014, 12:50 PM
First Mate

Good afternoon from a sunny New York City. We leave tomorrow on the Carnival Splendor for our cruise to Port Canaveral and the Bahamas. 8 nights away from winter. We were lucky to get tickets to "Late Show with David Letterman" and we are heading there soon for the taping. Have a good day everyone!

Old February 20th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Admiral

Have a wonderful cruise!
Old February 20th, 2014, 05:34 PM
First Mate

Thanks Moiraine! Hope you are well.